Plagerization of Drum Corps

adam.. it was a general comment.. saying that taking bits and pieces from here and there has been done many many times in many medias and have been successful.. not just "spoof" movies, but those are the first things that popped into my mind. so... if u stop being a smart ### and stop acting like u know everything.. maybe u would see that.....

done w/ this topic..

and again.. sincerely. have a nice day :)

I live by my motto... Better to be a Smart ### than a Dumb ###...

Not saying I don't go a little over board on being a smart ### sometimes to the point where it may seem that I know everything but I most definately do not know everything nor do I claim to...

I never really understood why people have such a problem with argueing anymore. No debate... to uncomfortable I guess.

Sorry I ruined your day :tongue:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the stock drum corps ending used by Steel City back in the day,............and used used by both the Renegades and Brigs a few years back.....................just saying...............

WAS THAT THE STOCK ENDING I PLAYED IN 1987 WITH STEEL CITY?JUST WONDERING.

WAS THAT THE STOCK ENDING I PLAYED IN 1987 WITH STEEL CITY?JUST WONDERING.

Steel City was one cool corps ... had a lot of attitude.

BTW, this is one of the few threads that has not bored me to tears over the last two months on DCP. Whether you agree or disagree withthe premise, thank you for the interesting discussion (really).

Lee

Along with the modernization of Drum Corps today, specifically, instrumentation changes, electronics, copyright infringement laws and others being considered. I would like to know if others agree or disagree with a proposal to discourage plagiarzation in Drum Corps?

Everyone in Drum Corps knows what I am referring to....we've all seen it, participated in it, on one level or another. But maybe a law should be implemented that would govern and levy penalties against those who would openly "steal" another

DrumCorps/Percussion ensemble/Marching Bands ideas.....

Any Comments?.....

What do YOU think, muzzicman1? What's your opinion?

BLUE ERA!!! BLUE. BLUE. BLUE ERA!!! BAH BAH BAH BLUE ERA!!!

Great performance, great corps... but when I hear it I think of nothing else but a complete rip off of Vanguard 2001 and lack of creatitivity...

Again, very well executed show... just taking something so disctinctly someone elses is just kinda wrong to me.

Since the chant was in the source material and SCV used it verbatim, how are the Bucs less creative for changing it? Did SCV rip off the Canton Symphony since Canton chanted before SCV? http://home.earthlink.net/~dlewellen/page17.html

(Gary Matczak @ Dec 20 2007, 07:44 AM)

How about the stock drum corps ending used by Steel City back in the day,............and used used by both the Renegades and Brigs a few years back.....................just saying...............

Huh? Gary - clue me in to what we took from Steel City (a corps I have never heard before). Thanks!

So, if we want corps playing recognizable material but do not want them playing what another corps has played during a little as a single season, how much is left beyond their old books?

Just to clarify my position, it is not taking a tune or two from a previous corps. My personal pet peeve is solely when a corps takes an entire show from a DCI corps. I saw the original, why see a recreation that is probably not as good as the original. I would much rather see a corps do a show that they can call their own, even if it contains a tune or two from a DCI corps.

Just to clarify my position, it is not taking a tune or two from a previous corps. My personal pet peeve is solely when a corps takes an entire show from a DCI corps. I saw the original, why see a recreation that is probably not as good as the original. I would much rather see a corps do a show that they can call their own, even if it contains a tune or two from a DCI corps.

Lee, can you give us an example of what you mean? I'm racking my brain trying to come up with an example as you describe, and I just can't do it.