Most Butchered you've ever seen a Drum Corps Name

During an exhibition performance in 2006 in Wisconsin.."Drum Major..is your BAND ready? -half the audience booed, the other half seemingly didn't get it.

Also, on my 2000 II/III tapes, Les Senateurs is said a couple different ways. My favorite is when the announcer pronounces it "Le Senature....s" with the weak "s" at the end almost like he wasn't sure if he should say it or not.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best one I ever saw was a sign in front of a school we were staying at that said "Blah de Blah Highs School welcomes the THREE LANCERS"

geeze...Yamato,

Yamoto

Yomato

Yomoto

I've heard all three at one time or another, even from our own director :satisfied:

geeze...Yamato,

Yamoto

Yomato

Yomoto

I've heard all three at one time or another, even from our own director :satisfied:

You say Yamahto and I say Yamayto...

Oh yeah, I also remeber Bones getting announced as...

"Tha Crossman Gang"

I think it was in MA - The announcer guy sure was hyped...because when he announced

"The Crossman Gang"

It sounded as if a garbage disposal had been turned on

Wow... this is really killing me because I can't remember the name of that announcer. And I should know, since I've been in the Beverly/Bristol shows since '04 and he's announced them every year. The "YOU!!!! May take the fieldas inawhnasdnahjawnh" guy. This is seriously making me angry. Paul...? It's an Italian sounding name.

Drum majors Ryan Mallon and Tom Dowerty

Pronounced: Dockerty

One DCA show in Cumberland, MD, at the end of the Bushwackers' performance I almost announced them as the Empire Statesmen. Got halfway though when I caught myself. "The Empire.......oops......" :satisfied:

It become a running joke for the rest of the night. Hey.... I'll do almost anything for good material......LOL

Back in the day, my junior corps (Sacred Heart Crusaders) was announced as "The Sacred Hearts" at one of the Wildwood shows.

Fran