Question about the 150

I really wonder which corps are honestly going to implement that corps size this year more important who really can? I honestly do not see this at all as a good thing.

The majority of the upper tier Div 1 (sorry, World Class...) corps will not have that much trouble doing so, because more people will be like, "hey, there are more in the corps now, so i have a better shot" and will audition. and besides, they already draw plenty of talent to their auditions as well. But yeah, it sucks for the lower Div 1 and the 2/3 corps.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's expressing a desire, more along the lines of making an observation. Brian and many others have observed the slowly declining numbers in Open class, along with rules changes and cultural shifts that seem to be making it ever difficult to exist as a smaller, community-focused corps.

The honest, sad truth...

I don't think this rule change will affect Div 2/3 much at all, except in the chance where a member got into the corps that they wanted and moves up to Div 1. Other then that, how many Div 2/3 corps do you see marching with more then 110 members... HAHA how many do you see marching more then 90 or 80 members?

I don't think this rule change will affect Div 2/3 much at all, except in the chance where a member got into the corps that they wanted and moves up to Div 1. Other then that, how many Div 2/3 corps do you see marching with more then 110 members... HAHA how many do you see marching more then 90 or 80 members?

True, but how many of hose 90 members where pointed to that corps from another corps where they didn't quite make the cut?

Only time will truly tell how the membership increase will affect everything. Right now all we can do is speculate. Who knows, maybe it'll actually end up benefiting more, and we might see an increase in Div 1 corps numbers. Maybe we can get back up to more than 25 div 1 corps again! In an ideal world, yes. We can only hope, right?

5 cymbals

3 screamers

2 contras

4 baritones

1...umm...idk

Hopefully if electronics passes at least one person for a keyboard.

Maybe a vocalist or two.

ooooooOOOOOOHHHHH oh man he totally went there!!!!

:worthy::shutup::ph34r:

I thought you were serious at first (until I saw the cowbells) - in general I believe that I would rather have the 5 cowbells than 5 additional tubas (I love the T word - if we could add altos we could fill the field with T&A. Be tough to tune though).

You're correct about the 5 cowbell. Instead I would put those 5 into a National Honor Guard section - one national flag, one sponsor flag, two guard, one guard sergeant. Seriously.