Your 1st & last time in uniform...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST- As a banner girl for the Lynwood Diplomats. Not the same uniform as the corps... they didn't have anything that small. I wore a sleeveless orange and white gingham jumper/hotpants with a royal blue wrap mini skirt.

LAST- As a member of the Velvet Knights guard wearing those Hawaiian shirts in '82. Knew deep down that this was going to be my last time on the field and couldn't get into the "hype" ... just too sad.

Never did get to leave a shoe on the field... :thumbup:

ALMOST- made it back into uniform for the Hallowen Parade with VK. Next time....

First: 1975, carrying a banner for the "Vaqueros" in a parade. Then as tenor drummer (back when we called them "triples"

Last: DCI finals 1982, Montreal - snare drummer with the Madison Scouts

as an interesting footnote here (neholgate): I had a major crush on a girl in VK's guard in 1982, as you guys and SCV traveled with us for several shows in '82 just before DCI. I made an attempt to come meet her by your buses somewhere in 1982, maybe in New York or someplace? Couldn't find her though.

First-16 year old french horn player for the Memphis Blues. It was a baby blue with orange sequin cumberbun. :thumbup:

Last-1986 semifinals-the last show the 27th Lancers performed in junior corps which happened to be my age out year too. :smile: The purple and khaki version. :smile:

First was in 1967 - Guard to the American Flag - Eau Claire Boys (Doll and Pet Parade, Eau Claire, Wi.)

Age out Show was in 1976 - Exhibition at Hershey the day after DCI Finals in Philly.

Last was in 2006 - Bass Drum #7 - Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Project - Semi Finals @ Camp Randall in Madison.

(Hey Geno I may be getting old and a bit senile but I could swear I was marching with you my last time in uniform)

Edited by bass5

First was early June of 1989 at our first show of the season at Menasha WI

Last was August 11th, 2006 - Madison Scouts Alumni - at DCI Semi-Finals.

First: 1975, carrying a banner for the "Vaqueros" in a parade. Then as tenor drummer (back when we called them "triples"

as an interesting footnote here (neholgate): I had a major crush on a girl in VK's guard in 1982, as you guys and SCV traveled with us for several shows in '82 just before DCI. I made an attempt to come meet her by your buses somewhere in 1982, maybe in New York or someplace? Couldn't find her though.

Ah you must describe her. Rifle or flag?

All in all VK had pretty good looking people, not just in the guard. I remember that our Mallet player gathered quite a crowd, esp. from the Blue Devil crew. Can't say I blamed them. Don't see too many girls in the drumline practicing in a purple bikini top. :tongue:

Nancy

Edited by neholgate

Elmhurst's finest!! I remember the Vaqueros quite well. I had a couple of friends get their start there. Do you remember a guy named Curly? I think he was a snare. He went on to the Guardsmen afterwards.

Drum Corps Uniform:

Junior Corps:

First: 1976 Baritone with the Conquistadors - probably a parade of some sort. My memory is a little weak.

Last: 1980 Contra Bass with the Conquistadors - DCI prelims.

Senior Corps:

First: 2005 Barifonium with RCR at Stockton

Last: 2007 Baritone with RCR at Modesto (We went inactive right before we went on the field. :tongue: )

Next: ???

Other uniforms:

First: 1983 US Navy bootcamp Great Lakes, IL

Last: 2005 Office of the Adjutant General, California Army National Guard (Retired)