Your 1st & last time in uniform...

First in a uniform - Spring concert, 1965 Sacred Heart CYO Band (who trained almost 20 future members of the 27th Lancers)

First in drum corps uniform - Spring concert 1973, upstate NY with 27th Lancers

Last in competittive drum corps uniform - Aug 1977, Malden MA with 27th Lancers

Last time in my corps uniform - Fall 1995, Legends of Drum Corps at Boston University with 27th Lancers Alumni Corps

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST - As a member of the Squires, the feeder corps for the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights.

I carried the toolbox in a parade! I could play, but wasn't big enough to carry a drum. What a thrill!

LAST - Member of SCV drumline that took best overall percussion at nationals.

First Uniform I wore last was on March 17th 1971. The South Boston Jay Jays from South Boston Massachusetts. We wore white bucks, black socks, black Pants with gold and white bead trim on the sides of the pants, gold & black satin cumberbund with 2 gold tasels. gold satin tops with black satin trim with two satin J's on the left side of the chest of the uniform & gold Mother of pearl shakos with black trim, black chin strap and an American Eagle, 9 inch gold plume & black cotton gloves. Our uniforms were indentical to the Stoughton Golden Rays from Stoughton, Massachusetts.

Second uniform I wore last was June 21st 1972. The Watertown Cadets from Watertown Massachusetts. We wore black dress shoes with black socks, red cotton cumberbun with red & white tasels, Gucho black pants, white short sleaved dress shirt with a red sombreros with black trim, with a red string chin strap.

Last Uniform I wore was on August 15th, 1980. The Boston Crusaders from Boston Massachusetts. We wore white bucks with black soles, black socks, black pants with red and white bead trim on the sides of the pants, white pleated cotton cumberbun with red & white aplets with red and white tassels, we wore west point cadet style jacket blood red with white and black trim, with gilt bullet buttons on each side of the chest 4 rows down two the stomach area, we wore a white cross strap with a 3 inch silver buckle in the middle of the chest, a black & white citation cord worn on the left shoulder, the back of the jacket was cotton black with black cuffs, cotton cloth red shakos with black trim with a black chin strap an american eagle, a 9 inch red plume & white military gloves.

Edited by bobk9258

Okay I'll play:

Junior Corps

First: Les Sentinelles 1979

Last: The Cavaliers 1989

Winterguard

First: Sonnor 1986

Last: Sonnor 2007 (yep I went back and marched WGI after they changed the age out rule)

Senior Corps

First: Syracuse Brigadiers 2000

Last: Syracuse Brigadiers 2004

Later,

Mike

Winterguard

First: Sonnor 1986

Last: Sonnor 2007 (yep I went back and marched WGI after they changed the age out rule)

Off-topic, I know, but how is Sonnor doing? They've long been one of my favorites (my husband's, too), yet we missed seeing you at WGI finals last April.

So cool that you were able to go back and march with your guard! :tongue:

First in a uniform - Winter concert, December 1969--Madison Jr. Scouts

First competition in drum corps uniform - c. June 15, 1970, VFW State Championships, Green Bay, WI--Madison Jr. Scouts

Last competition in drum corps uniform - c. August 30, 1977, Middleton, WI--Madison Scouts

Last time in corps uniform - August 2006, DCI Semi-Finals, Madison, WI--Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Project

1st Blue Devils B corps, Memorial Weekend performance in Atwater California.

Last Blue Devils A corps - DCI Finals Madison Wisconsin. Ended my drum corps career as a member of the hornline that won high brass (well, tied). My fourth time doing so.

First- May 1959 Parade in Brooklyn, NY with the Loyal Order of Oddfellows Drum & Bugle Corps

Last- September 2007 DCA Alumni Spectacular with the NY Skyliners Alumni

My first time in uniform was in February 1970, in Waterloo Ontario in a winter standstill with the Dutch Boy Cadets of Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.

First Competition: Waterloo, Ontario, Provincials, July 1970, with the Dutch Boy Cadets.

Last Competition: North York, Ontario, Canadian Nationals, August 1978, with the Northstars, from Kitchener, Ontario !

It may have only been 9 years but it was the best years of my youth !!!