For all you drum corps people

I didn't list Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada, but I certainly do appreciate them.

What are your favorite albums by both groups?

My favorite Aphex album is between Drukqs and Richard D James; I tend towards the latter because I think it's the more consistent and mature of the two. Drukqs is like the work of a young, fiery artist exploring his expansive terrain and testing his boundaries, it's genius but all over the place. Whereas, Richard D James sounds like the aged master who has honed his craft and is concentrating his vast talents into one single work.

As for Boards... I best like Music Has the Right to Children, if only for ROYGBIV; Campfire Headphase is definitely growing on me though (Dayvan Cowboy!)

If you like them, I think you'd love Múm. Take the electronic grooves of Aphex and Boards, the quirky melodies ala Bjork , and Sigur Ros-esque climaxes, you'd get Múm. Good stuff!

Hey! another TV on the Radio fan. Return to Cookie Mountain is awesome.

Yeah! It's no Desperate Youth... though.

Edited by just_another_fanatic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like everything Boards Of Canada has ever made. In my life, I've only been obsessed with three things:

-Drum Corps

-Boards Of Canada

-Beef Jerky

And how could I forget, the man, the myth, the legend. The best schizophrenic, headbutting, Casio-demo-track-playing nonsensical songwriter in the world - Wesley Willis. God rest his soul

In my house and job, I listen to drum corps more than anything. I was kind of wondering, what other types of music do you love to listen to?

My favorites include Dance, R&B, and recently have really started getting into Jazz, mostly female artists such as Patti Austin.

My favorite artists include Nina Hagen, Gary Numan, Cher, Martha Wash, and Cheryl Lynn.

I also enjoy classical music, but it is never something I just sit down and listen to.

So what are your favorite types of music and your favorite artists?

If you want the truth, this morning metallica, this afternoon Disturbed, tonight is the top 22 from 2007 just recieved my dvds.

Jason Madison Scout Alum.

I listen to a bunch of stuff that I sometimes have a hard time admitting such as: Fergie, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, etc. I finally got over my "that's pop and is teenybopper" stage because I that's the stuff I play the most, haha. Older music I used to listen to a lot includes Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41... and you can see where that goes. I also love disco for no apparent reason other than my dad exposing it to me. I admit to listening to Abba's Greatist Hits more than once in a while. Queen, Meatloaf, Aerosmith, and The Eagles are some more classic groups I like listening to.

Of course I listen to classical and big band jazz. I do have a limited collection of horn players I listen to like Gail Williams, your generic Barry Tuckwell, and my horn idol Jeff Nelsen (love my Canadian Brass Greatist Hits CD!). Ceriminaro has that big Conn 8D sound that I don't always like, but I do have his recordings of F. Strauss "Nocturno" and the Hindemith Sonata. I need more horn player recordings.

I actually never listen to drum corps. Not really sure why, because I love it!

AC/DC, Metallica, Pearl Jam, STP, Beck, Colin Hay, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews, Dispatch, Greenday, Nirvana, Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind, etc.

I do listen to a bit of jazz, too.

Ahmad Jamal, Art Tatum, Mingus, Miles, Maynard, Count, Brubeck, Earl Hines, Ellington, George Benson, Monk, Herbie Hancock, Faddis, Trane, Bird, Vince Guaraldi, Woody, Wynton, etc.

Edited by Drew Wilkie

And how could I forget, the man, the myth, the legend. The best schizophrenic, headbutting, Casio-demo-track-playing nonsensical songwriter in the world - Wesley Willis. God rest his soul

You are my favorite movie star

You are my big buddy

You are a low down rotten man

You are crazy like a roll lizard

I'd have to go through several hundred CD's, plus several hundred iTunes listings to put any kind of list together.

But, when push comes to shove, and I have to get away from it all, I go to Margaritaville.

Garry in Vegas