At Midnight ... everything changes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cymbal line was looking really ######! Pretty sweet stuff for the first camp you guys were together doing that sort of thing.

I love playing the opening statement! Big... loud... kinda reminds me of drum corps... :smile:

Thanks man, that was all Stuart and Ben. They got me and Ashe up to speed really quick. It was nice to meet you and put a face to your screen name. Your sectionals are really paying off so far, you guys are sounding great!

Edited by SaraNYC

Bruised and sore, just like when I use to play rugby...

2190916263_441bdd3a7c_m.jpg

2190917553_355bdcf0dc_m.jpg

Now that's drum corps!

Dang! What are those bruises from?! And, are those your arms or legs? (Forgive me if I don't recognize the body parts...)

I listened to the recording, and boy, you guys are coming out strong. For January. And pit parts, too. Wow. Geezus.

Thanks man, that was all Stuart and Ben. They got me and Ashe up to speed really quick. It was nice to meet you and put a face to your screen name. Your sectionals are really paying off so far, you guys are sounding great!

The cymbal line was awesome this weekend ... two more new cymbal players will be at the next camp.

We could use a pitster or two, and a hot shot quad player.

The Mission continues...

:smile:

Dang! What are those bruises from?! And, are those your arms or legs? (Forgive me if I don't recognize the body parts...)

I listened to the recording, and boy, you guys are coming out strong. For January. And pit parts, too. Wow. Geezus.

Those are my upper arms. It's from doing chokes with the cymbals. I can't show the best one, it was a result of the insto-mastectomy I almost gave myself. :smile:

Those are my upper arms. It's from doing chokes with the cymbals. I can't show the best one, it was a result of the insto-mastectomy I almost gave myself. :smile:

Sara -- How was your back at the end of the weekend? Good, I hope!

Sara -- How was your back at the end of the weekend? Good, I hope!

It held up very well, thanks! Having physical therapy at the end of last season was very beneficial and continuing to lose weight is only going to help along with my strength and conditioning program. Call me crazy, but I think marching with the cymbals is less taxing on my back than the baritone, probably because of where the damage is.

I wish I felt comfortable physically putting in another season on baritone, because the horn line is on fire and the ballad is gorgeous. But man, it's just killing my discs...

It held up very well, thanks! Having physical therapy at the end of last season was very beneficial and continuing to lose weight is only going to help along with my strength and conditioning program. Call me crazy, but I think marching with the cymbals is less taxing on my back than the baritone, probably because of where the damage is.

I wish I felt comfortable physically putting in another season on baritone, because the horn line is on fire and the ballad is gorgeous. But man, it's just killing my discs...

We are happy to have you in the percussion section this year. Surprised, but happy. :smile: