Bluecoats 2008 show title...

Slightly off topic, but it's my thread!

Saw a replay of the Tyson v. Douglas fight in Tokyo--Tyson's first loss. We got into a conversation about how good boxing actually was in that era. Meaning, was Tyson really that great or just a bunch of hype. I think we agreed that it wasn't really that great, he really was just a bunch of hype (Don King knew what he was doing!), and so on.

Who quoted Iron Mike's top 10 all-time quotes? Geez. #1 wouldn't even top Ali's #10. Sad. Just...sad.

So I hope that Tyson's greatest quotes isn't a part of it, but Ali had some good ones. Might make some fun visuals.

Narrator: "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Guard busts out butterfly wings a la 'On Air.' Kind of a stretch, but cut me some slack.

Narrator: "Thrilla in Manilla!"

Guard comes out in all cream jump suits--Manilla--vanilla? Again, a stretch.

C'mon, it's boxing! What do you do with boxing?? Of course, that's what I said about horse racing...until last year!

It will make an interesting running dialogue for the narration like Criminal and Triple Crown, after they added the 'color commentary' at the end of the year. Should be fun.

Nobody's said anything about my original question lately?

that would be horribly embarrassing to perform.

you really think that the guard could come out in off-white jump suits and people in the audience are going to be like "oh, hahaha, look, their jump suits are off-white, that looks like vanilla....OHHHHHH wow that rhymes with manila, like where muhammad ali and joe frazier fought 30 years ago! the bluecoats design staff is so clever!"

i know that's a "slack-less" response, but really now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure hope they play Eye of the Tiger...... :guinesssmilie:

I hope they stay away from boxing and go more for more MMA approach. Octagons are so much more interesting than squares, visually.

Interesting approach. Have you noticed everyone has been limiting their thoughts to boxing? There is no indication that the show is solely based on boxing.

Elmo Blatch

Interesting approach. Have you noticed everyone has been limiting their thoughts to boxing? There is no indication that the show is solely based on boxing.

Elmo Blatch

Check out the picture on Bluecoats website. Pretty indicative of boxing.

Plus, I guess I also am a liar.

Anyone who thinks they actually deserved higher than 6th in 2006 is a liar.
I'm a liar.

Anyone else?

I too, choose to lie about this. That was my favorite show of '06. (And that's no lie.) Back to the knockout...

I'm going to be very dissapointed if the whole corps doesn't break into LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out!"