Why no mention/Important New Rule Change Proposal

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's for real and I've heard it will go into effect immediately if approved.

I've heard from a reliable source that it is real as well. Still, I would like to see the rationale for the proposal. Why does George say only the top 10 should vote (especially when they all seem to get their way anyway.)? How would this benefit the activity?

It's for real and I've heard it will go into effect immediately if approved.

The person who verified this for me also stated that it was "as bad as it seems to be."

That's some cheesy ********. I guess one way to tighten your control is consolidate the power even more towards the top. I remember someone posting a long time ago that they thought every corps who makes it to finals two years in a row should get a vote. To me that's a better direction than this crap.

Edit: Oh and is someone scared corps like Colts, Glassmen and Spirit would not vote the "correct" way so we need to remove their vote?

Edited by WWonka

i understand this is the rule change discussion forum, but shouldn't something like this be posted in the general discussion where presumably it would get more exposure? since a bylaw change is not a rule change, there's no conflict in that.

to address the topic itself, mind-boggling...simply mind-boggling...DCA here some corps come

Pardon my ignorance, but who would be voting on this?

If this is being voted on by 21 directors, the 9 that it benefits will be out voted by the remaining 12. And I doubt all of the big boys will go for it either, and neither will the ones sitting in 8th or 9th, seeing as their spot isn't exactly certain.

I'm not too worried.

In another thread where this came up, it was mentioned that there are only 17 voting members this year. Is that true?

If so .... well let me put my thinking cap on here .... 17 divided by 2 is ..... um ..... 8.5. Sooooooo, if I could come up with a proposal that would benefit 9 corps and not the others ........ hmmmmm

I also think about a director of a perennially top 9 corps who would likely never vote for a proposal like this ..... except he just resigned ....... hmmmmmmm ......

Pardon my ignorance, but who would be voting on this?

If this is being voted on by 21 directors, the 9 that it benefits will be out voted by the remaining 12. And I doubt all of the big boys will go for it either, and neither will the ones sitting in 8th or 9th, seeing as their spot isn't exactly certain.

I'm not too worried.

Ah but you should be at least a little bit worried. There is a reason Hopkins wrote it for 9 corps.

- There were 22 corps in DCI last year.

- Southwind does not have a vote because they are inactive (making that 21)

- Troopers do not have a vote because they have to wait 2 years (making that 20)

- Neither does Academy for the same reason as Troop (making the 19)

- And from what I have been told, neither does Bluestars yet because they were told they had to be in D-I for three years before getting a vote. (18)

As the rules for the governing board of DCI are written, it only takes a 50/50 vote to pass. So if you do the math you can see, there is a reason that Hopkins picked 9.