Crossmen 2008

personally, I cannot wait for Crossmen to be back in finals. I don't know when it will be, but I will be a happy person when it happens. That said, I think the "Texas factor" was over-stated on this board, and still is.

Business major, I take it?

not sure how that relates to something... but no. However, I am open to any job opportunities that you might have starting in August =P

The bands and kids are strong. They just go to the top 6-12 corps first... and usually make it.

Right... all those corps with averages ages of 19-20 are loaded with Texas high school kids.

Edited by soccerguy315

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right... all those corps with averages ages of 19-20 are loaded with Texas high school kids.

OR Texas high school graduates or are attending a Texas university. Not saying that Texas is everything in drum corps but you cannot deny the impact that the state has on music as a whole which is pretty much a no-brainer.

Edited by mbui

<snippity snip>

Like you said Hunt, it may take some time to show up, but everyone in TX wants the best for the corps, and so do all of the proud alumni, especially this one....

Do it up Bones

As a proud alumnus, I'll second that Vinny.

Not only was their drumbreak great that year, I thought they may have had the best ballad of 04.

Agreed. The drum feature in '04' Puma really kicked some butt. Tenors and snares playing the same notes while increasing the tempo and moving sideways. Loved it!

BackBeat

personally, I cannot wait for Crossmen to be back in finals. I don't know when it will be, but I will be a happy person when it happens. That said, I think the "Texas factor" was over-stated on this board, and still is.

Actually, many of them ARE. Cavaliers, Phantom, Bluecoats, SCV to name a few, all have high numbers of membership from Texas. The Crossmen have been there only one year. It will take some time. But I know enough people teaching down there in the band world and the drum corps world who all agree that having an actual world class corps IN state will eventually pay big dividends for all the talent that usually has to travel elsewhere to march drum corps. Sort of a "if you build it, they will come" scenario. And when the Crossmen eventually DO make it back into finals (which i believe they will someday soon), they'll filled with those Texas band and/or college kids.

Auditions are STILL OPEN for the 2008 Crossmen in the following areas:

weapons

Are they still against the whole forging birth certificates? :lookaround: If not - I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...
I kind of like the "Texas kids are everything" theory...

It means I can say whatever I want on here and I'll be right.... because I'm from Texas.

:thumbup:

I thought being from Texas meant you believed that anyway. :w00t: