1. 1. Which do you pick?

• Bb
    • G

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I march one, G. And I love it.

I kind of like the eBay horns from India that are in the crack between 2 keys.

Yeah... keys of Q and Z :lol: Horns are cheap but they get you up the tail on shipping.... :lol:

Have to be honest and not vote as I can't tell the difference. Need a choice of " Don't care, just wish they would play louder".... :w00t:

Yeah... keys of Q and Z :lol: Horns are cheap but they get you up the tail on shipping.... :lol:

Have to be honest and not vote as I can't tell the difference. Need a choice of " Don't care, just wish they would play louder".... :w00t:

The Cadets were plenty loud this year.

I'm sort of on the fence myself. I think the G horns just look better. No Bb Euph I've run across has the same impressive GIRTH of a K-80. Even the Kanstul G Euph is a few inches shy. The King Bb Euph is at least unique enough to look like a Euph. But still kind of puny next to a K-80.

But I've owned and played both. I like my G in that it has a warmer tone, but you have to work to fill it and play in tune. I like my Bb horn in that it seems like it has auto pilot. And I can resale it for what I paid for it, or at least close to it. So I can own/rent and still retain most of my investment over the long run. Plus it's a little quicker to sell a Bb horn as it's a larger market share.

I collect G bugles, so you know I'm a fan. Like Mr. Shadow_7, I also think they look super cool. The two valve G bugles absolutely epitomize the greatest era for drum corps, the two-valve era from about 1978 to 1989.

But for today's modern drum corps, Bb all the way here, folks. There is NO other respectable choice.

I think I posted this after DCA last year but I'll say it again. (nothing against Bb if that's where you're at)BUT..... while watching and listening at Prelims I never (and my wife too) really got into anything until MCL came on the field. The wife said "Wow......listen to that?" I said "Those are "G" bugles".

Yep.....I'm "G" all the way unless you have, IMO, 60 plus brass to get the same affect. Again....just my opinion.

C