• Phantom 82
    • Phantom 83
    • Phantom 84
    • Phantom 03
    • Phantom 07
    • Madison 78
    • Madison 85
    • Madison 95

Ok, I just finished watching the top 12 dci videos from 07....up top video (I love the up top camera view!!!). Anyone else think the judges were napping when they scored PR's Visual Effect? I think they could be the best 4th place finisher in dci history.

My personal top 12 placement for 2007: PR, Cavies, Garfield (might be 1st minus the talking), SCV, BD, Carolina, Bluecoats, Crusaders, Colts, Spirit, Blue Knights, Blue Stars. (I would have the top 5 scored very, very close).

Back on topic: what other INCREDIBLE shows took 4th place at Finals? Right away Madison 95 comes to mind. WOW!!! What a show that was!!! One would be hard-pressed to convince me they were the 4th place corps that year. Admittedly there were three very good corps placed ahead of them, but it's tough to see, or hear, where the Scouts came up in 4th - in any caption in 1995.

Any other great 4th place corps you can think of?

BTW - Congratulations to Steve Vickers on being inducted into the DCI Hall of Fame! He's done - and continues to do - great things for drum and bugle corps.

Calvin

GO SCOUTS!

Edited by Calvin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV 2000

I could have seen Phantom ahead of Cavies, but in terms of placement I could have seen both Crown and Coats in front of both of them.

Cadets in 99 comes to mind for great 4th place shows.

There's absolutely no way PR and Cavies were better than BD and Cadets last year. Sorry. Cavies could've been in 5th or 6th, easily.

It's a tough call. An argument can be made for BD, and I even said that minus the distracting vocals Garfield has a claim to the title - heck, even with the flippin vocals they had a claim. They were gooooooooood! I just don't see how PR was a point and a half down in visual effect. The drumline was HOT and was only overshadowed by the best (imo) hornline on the field that night - that season! WOW! WOW! WOW! Phantom simply rocked!

As for the Cavies, I thought they had the best drill out there - bar none! ...and that was huge for me. There was some top-notch drill writing 1-12, but especially from 1-7. Also, Cavies had a fantastic arrangement of Billy 'freakin' Joel music and absolutely OWNED it! A real PRESSURE performance. They were ferocious!

I stand with PR, Cavies, as 1-2 with Garfield, SCV and BD soooo close. No more than 2 points separating these 5 and certainly no more than .5 in any one caption. (Ok, SCV might trade places with BD on my list, but not by much. I loved the show ....and the cymbal line being featured so prominently).

Calvin

GO SCOUTS!

Edited by Calvin

I could have seen Phantom ahead of Cavies, but in terms of placement I could have seen both Crown and Coats in front of both of them.

Cadets in 99 comes to mind for great 4th place shows.

Garfield 99! ...good call!!! Awesome show!

I think that's also the year I really liked the Madison show - Jesus Christ Superstar - that took 6th.