RIP, drum corps I knew

It won't be a man. It will be electronics... A computer program... Like the ones that Disney uses to coordinate their fireworks shows.

Already being done. There is a show on Broadway that uses RFID tags on the actors and a series of antennae to feed a mixer that automatically places the voice in the proper sound space.(where you expect a voice to be coming from by looking at the actor) So that solves the spacing problem. As far as 72 channels, there are shows that use more channels than that and are mixed very effectively. I have seen some shows with over 150 inputs. It really is not that hard to do if you set it up right

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again another year where DCI makes no attempt to help corps financially but instead, passes rules to, if anything, put more burden on already struggling corps. Oh no, lets not address the rising cost of gas but lets now be able to spend thousands of dollars on equipment that changes the MOST BASIC form of drum corps.

Yet again another year where DCI makes no attempt to help corps financially but instead, passes rules to, if anything, put more burden on already struggling corps. Oh no, lets not address the rising cost of gas but lets now be able to spend thousands of dollars on equipment that changes the MOST BASIC form of drum corps.

What would you like DCI to do in an attempt to help corps financially, when DCI is an association of the corps?

Do you really think that the top corps are going to be PAYING full-freight for new gear?

What if bringing in a new audience winds up bringing in more money enabling the association to split a bigger pot?

What if bringing in a new audience winds up bringing in more money enabling the association to split a bigger pot?

What possible reason is there to think that these changes will bring in a new audience? Chase away the old one, yes. Attract a new one? Hardly....

What possible reason is there to think that these changes will bring in a new audience? Chase away the old one, yes. Attract a new one? Hardly....

This shows how out of touch you are with the competitive band world. These changes will most definitely help bring in a new audience, driven in big part by educators and those who have already marched in these kinds of shows.

This shows how out of touch you are with the competitive band world. These changes will most definitely help bring in a new audience, driven in big part by educators and those who have already marched in these kinds of shows.

As a direct result of electronics? Masses of band folks stayed away all these years waiting for electronics, but now they'll be breaking down the doors to get tickets starting 2009? Really?

Can you quantify that statement? :music:

Been hearing "new audiences" for a few years now. Question is will they stick around after their kids and friends age out?

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

As a direct result of electronics? Masses of band folks stayed away all these years waiting for electronics, but now they'll be breaking down the doors to get tickets starting 2009? Really?

Can you quantify that statement? :music:

I did not say direct result. I said it will help, as in entice, especially the younger generation who know nothing else rather than these kinds of shows. I am not trying to argue here at all, but I think it is a bit naive to think the number of those not attending anymore won't at least be replaced with newer fans, if not exceeded completely.

I did not say direct result. I said it will help, as in entice, especially the younger generation who know nothing else rather than these kinds of shows. I am not trying to argue here at all, but I think it is a bit naive to think the number of those not attending anymore won't at least be replaced with newer fans, if not exceeded completely.

Hold it - I'm calling bull #### on this. Here's what you said...

These changes will most definitely help bring in a new audience

Care to re-tool your answer?

Edited by kusankusho