#3 1964

#4 Troopers

#5 NCAA Final Four

Man Donny, can we play too? :thumbup:

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No John......it's the scrapple and dippy ekks.....Breakfast of Champeens.

J

Ja, and all three corps within 2-3 hours drive time too!

Follow up question: West(Long)shore won VFW at Los Angeles (traveled by train) and AL at New Orleans (went by bus and some by air).

What was the furthest Reilly went to won AL and VFW? Want to check distances.

Ja, and all three corps within 2-3 hours drive time too!

Follow up question: West(Long)shore won VFW at Los Angeles (traveled by train) and AL at New Orleans (went by bus and some by air).

What was the furthest Reilly went to won AL and VFW? Want to check distances.

They won the VFWs in Los Angeles in 1959...

Reading did... they had a legion flag.... we were NEVER put in the position of having to award the trophy for the legion to another corps...

Correct.

2002: Brigadiers won both titles.

2003: Caballeros won both titles.

2004: Empire Statesmen won both titles.

2005: Buccaneers won both titles.

And in 2006, as you have said, Tom...... the Scranton show once again became an invitational that was NOT the American Legion National championship show.... it was/is affiliated with the local Pennsylvania Legion folks, but not a national title show.

If there's no Orange Flag presentation, it's not the A.L. national championship show.

And yes, even though having the Legion championship as part of the DCA title show was nice, I am quite happy that we now have about eight million fewer awards to give out at the DCA Finals awards ceremony. :thumbup:

Fran

#1 Troopers

#2 Les Diplomates

#3 1964

#4 Troopers

#5 NCAA Final Four

1 out of 5, D.A.

A 20 won't win much of anything.

if I change #5 to the Super Bowl I now have a 40.

They won the VFWs in Los Angeles in 1959...

LA had VFW twice during the 50s? Sheesh!!

Just checked your site, Reilly won AL at NYC and won AL Prelims but got DQed at St Louis.

Thanks....

Here's one I've found interesting.... I'll provide the answer.

Two years in a row, the first-place finisher at the DCA Regional competition finished third at DCA Finals.... and the fifth-place finisher at the regional won the DCA title.

The years were 1981 and 1982.

1981: The Buccaneers won the DCA Regional in Rochester.... and later finished third at DCA Finals. The Hurricanes finished fifth at the regional, and won the DCA title.

1982: The Hurricanes won the DCA Regional in Rochester.... and later finished third at DCA Finals. The Sunrisers finished fifth at the regional, and won the DCA title.

The moral of this story those two years: If you finished fifth at the regional, you had the rest of the corps right where you wanted 'em. :thumbup:

Fran

if I change #5 to the Super Bowl I now have a 40.

Only if you can get about 110 million more viewers.

Quick, start calling all the women who you know will be watching ice dancing.

Here's one I've found interesting.... I'll provide the answer.

Two years in a row, the first-place finisher at the DCA Regional competition finished third at DCA Finals.... and the fifth-place finisher at the regional won the DCA title.

The years were 1981 and 1982.

1981: The Buccaneers won the DCA Regional in Rochester.... and later finished third at DCA Finals. The Hurricanes finished fifth at the regional, and won the DCA title.

1982: The Hurricanes won the DCA Regional in Rochester.... and later finished third at DCA Finals. The Sunrisers finished fifth at the regional, and won the DCA title.

The moral of this story those two years: If you finished fifth at the regional, you had the rest of the corps right where you wanted 'em. :thumbup:

Fran

sheesh... Makes ya a little dizzy, no? :biggrin: