Is there an untouchable rule change?

Why not woodwinds? Drum corps has no identity, so what possible reason would there be to restrict woodwinds? There is no line in the sand anymore, and the BOD is following the lead of marching bands, even to the point of surrendering anything and everything that made drum corps different. The retort, of course, will be that.....there is still "excellence." Whatever that moving target means. So, the use of woodwinds seems inevitable, given that marching bands use them.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The retort, of course, will be that.....there is still "excellence." Whatever that moving target means.

Now, now...are you saying you don't want:

Gloriouso!

Tortured Dorian Modes Pour Clarinet, Kazoo and petite Band d'Marching

i. Self-Songs : Tetrachord Arise!

ii. Octo-Echoes: Phrygian Petite Dances

iii. Hyperdorian: Ego D'Arte and The New Millenium

nietzche-family-circus.jpg

For shame. You aren't a real fan. :tongue:

Indeed - I found this an intriguing and impertinent yet highly approachable drum corps - dry but not acidic, full bodied but not overpowering, with a full boquet and a crisp, pleasant finish...

Goes well with tofu....

Indeed - I found this an intriguing and impertinent yet highly approachable drum corps - dry but not acidic, full bodied but not overpowering, with a full boquet and a crisp, pleasant finish...

Goes well with tofu....

Fool, anything goes well with tofu since tofu can be made to taste like anything. A nasty, wierd textured anything.

Fool, anything goes well with tofu since tofu can be made to taste like anything. A nasty, wierd textured anything.

Heh - I was thinking about being bland, but that works too!

Now, now...are you saying you don't want:

Gloriouso!

Tortured Dorian Modes Pour Clarinet, Kazoo and petite Band d'Marching

i. Self-Songs : Tetrachord Arise!

ii. Octo-Echoes: Phrygian Petite Dances

iii. Hyperdorian: Ego D'Arte and The New Millenium

nietzche-family-circus.jpg

Well, you did put some French in there - so it must be good.

When someone asks which drum corps does the best ballet - and gets an honest non-cynical reply, you know we took a wrong turn somewhere several years ago.

When someone asks which drum corps does the best ballet - and gets an honest non-cynical reply, you know we took a wrong turn somewhere several years ago.

Or when you ask about the best narrator

Or solo singer

Bass Guitarist

Moog player

etc.........

Yep....

Yes, I do agree that the fact would be known well in advance. However, I jsut feel that, at least personally, I would look at the WW players and feel they didn't put in the extra effort I did to learn the brass end of the spectrum to be a part of a drum and BUGLE corps. That's all.

To add to what you said...how many do you think would ACTUALLY back out and give up their summer when push comes to shove. Also, if a lot did, would the corps that decide not to use WW be at a competitive advantage with more "purists" trying to audition there?

Well there are a lot of good questions there, and all I can say is that I would hope that if Corps X advertised the dickens out of their intentions to NEVER inlclude a WW line that they would have HUGE support from the DC community at large, and have the cream of the crop auditioning for their membership. But, I guess everything is speculation at this point.