2008: The Season of...

la mejor

good observation!

partnering has been on the rise for a couple of years now and it's exciting to see the possibilities.

on a different note i am constantly dissapointed by performers stepping out of place or traveling in order to catch a misplaced toss.granted i would rather see the equipment caught than dropped but i cringe when i see a performer leaving their set to retreive.and yet the crowd still screams with approval!oy vey! :tongue:

thanks for indulging my rant! :ph34r:

Ugh. . .seriously, I've noticed that a lot this year. . . . .I'd have those performers down on their knees so fast <insert joke here> in practice throwing their tosses until they got their technique down. And, although the back to back toss exchange is popular this year, I think it was even MORE popular last year, I think I saw it a bazillion times. . .so this year is just deja vu

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm debating here with myself. Would I rather see some take a step/hedge to catch a weapon or would I rather see them plie to catch it.

Or even worse, when the guard plies before any toss that's under a seven.......unnecessary imo.

I've come to a decision! I DESPISE plie catches.

[quote name='Musical_Spinner' date='Mar 14 2008, 04:42 PM' post='2175432'

I've come to a decision! I DESPISE plie catches.

Even when Flanagan does it?

I dunno why you would pick out them, but I stick to my original statement

Still don't like them........

There is always a time and place for a good old plié! It can certainly gives a nice dramatic effect to a catch, but there are definitely a few groups that overuse it. I know I'd like to see more weapon lines staying planted, having great posture/free arms under their toss, and then nailing the heck out of it (of course) without the plié. :guinesssmilie:

I know I'd like to see more weapon lines staying planted, having great posture/free arms under their toss, and then nailing the heck out of it (of course) without the plié. :guinesssmilie:

i love this effect!when done correctly it speaks volumes!

Edited by dugg

i love this effect!when done correctly it speaks volumes!

Indeed! I could have sworn that I also wrote "matching heights and rotations" in that last reply... guess I'm getting old! Ha!

You know, it's funny how you think of it as an effect. I did too before I said it out loud and realized that it's just proper technique! It's sad how you don't see that too often, especially when flashy little tricks are added to the mix. :guinesssmilie:

Edited by pawn shoppe heart

While were on the topic of clean/classical technique can I PLEEEEEEEEASE have a straight up and down blade toss with a straight up and down nailed catch WITHOUT the sabre rotating in the air thus having the performer catch the wrong side?

I