Some like it hot.

I can assure you it wasn't Topeka. I live there, and there hasn't been a contest here in the almost 30 years I have lived here. (unless you stayed here for a KC or Lawrence show)

In my time, B'ham in either 79 or 80, temp was 120+ on the turf at Legion Field. Kids were dropping like flies. This was before the lighter weight uniforms. I'm talking heavy stuff. That stadium has NO air moving in it. Also was misserable in East Alton, IL that same season. Stadium was a bowl, just off the Mississippi River. Humidity was horrid.

I'm going to have to dig out my schedule from 2006 to see where it was. Wherever it was, I plan on never returning regardless of the current weather conditions!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to dig out my schedule from 2006 to see where it was. Wherever it was, I plan on never returning regardless of the current weather conditions!

2006 kansas was the same as 05 kansas - witht the bus accident. I think it was Wichita...and we got stuck there for 4 days

Nope , no swiming .

but we saw the lake from the field .

it was like some sick kind of torture haha

hey whats up , its about 12349023490823 degrees , look at the water , it looks nice right?

Nope , no swiming .

hey whats up , its about 12349023490823 degrees , look at the water , it looks nice right?

Yes, we saw it too. Unfortunately, we swam in it. Can you say disease in the water? But it sure felt nice and warm. :tongue:

Nope , no swiming .

We've had a few rehearsals with water parks in the background. :tongue:

1987 St. Louis Busch Stadium - DCI regional - I don't remember what it was called. Southwest? or something like it.

Back then we had the old gabardine wool uniforms. At prelims, coming off the field I looked up at the board that had the field temp at 118. Not fun! The finals were rained out.

Jordi

2007 was a really nice year, and that was my rookie year. My hottest day wasn't on tour, but actually at home while sitting down off to the side. We were all sweating like pigs, even more so in that area for some reason rather than marching, and it wasn't humid or anything. That was the hottest I remember, on tour it was probably Ogden Utah, but the most miserable (which wasn't that bad mind you) was Dallas because of the humidity. Thats the hottest I've had, and again it really wasn't too horrible, '07 was a lucky year weatherwise. I should wait till its over 100 in the humidity.

04, Kansas July 31st

We were sharing a housing with Jersey Surf and it was our laundry day. Jersey Surf had the field behind this middle school. It was also a pre-lined parking lot. We set up the scaffolding that morning (was already hot). Left for the laundry mat and did our stuff there. Came back around noon. The scaffolding had sunk into the pavement about 3 inches. They wouldn't let us do stretched on the ground that day.