• Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Carolina Crown
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Colts
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit of JSU

People make me laugh. The Cadets and BD catch the most flack whenever they win. Why. Does anybody seriously think these two corps have anything to prove to anybody.

I'll make it as simple as possible.

1st place finishes:

Blue Devils- 12: 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2007

The Cadets- 9: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2005

That is 21 total titles. DCI has held 35 finals. This means either The Cadets or BD has won the title 60% of the time. Amost 2 out of every three. I won't even factor in how many times they've finished 2nd.

Now, the popular choice for the title every year seems to be Phantom. I always wonder why because they've only "won" one title. I don't know why this bugs me, but it does. It seems to defy logic. Lets face it. Phantom never puts it all together in the same year. Something is always majorly lacking.

Anyways, to get back on track. I voted for Phantom. I know. Unpopular choice. To be honest, I just don't care for the way they play and their programing. Don't like it? Tough ####. It's an opinion forum.

Sorry to rant. I'll go prepare to be ganged up on by all the Phantom homers that poulate this forum.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People make me laugh. The Cadets and BD catch the most flack whenever they win. Why. Does anybody seriously think these two corps have anything to prove to anybody.

1st place finishes:

Blue Devils- 12: 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2007

That is 21 total titles. DCI has held 35 finals. This means either The Cadets or BD has won the title 60% of the time. Amost 2 out of every three. I won't even factor in how many times they've finished 2nd.

Now, the popular choice for the title every year seems to be Phantom. I always wonder why because they've only "won" one title. I don't know why this bugs me, but it does. It seems to defy logic. Lets face it. Phantom never puts it all together in the same year. Something is always majorly lacking.

Anyways, to get back on track. I voted for Phantom. I know. Unpopular choice. To be honest, I just don't care for the way they play and their programing. Don't like it? Tough ####. It's an opinion forum.

Sorry to rant. I'll go prepare to be ganged up on by all the Phantom homers that poulate this forum.

True.

1st place finishes:

I don't get why people can't understand that 1st place does not equate most entertaining.

Last year the Blue Devils had a well executed show, which reflected in the scores. I thought they deserved the placement they received; however, I did not find the show as entertaining as a few others which placed lower. That's entirely my opinion, and I'm sure others will disagree.

And yes, it is an opinion forum, so I don't see why people get so ruffled up when *gasp* others don't particularly care for some shows, regardless of placement.

Then this is a pretty pointless poll then, since we all know who won DCI last year.

this is dumb

um.

~>conner

Then this is a pretty pointless poll then, since we all know who won DCI last year.

this is dumb

This has NOTHING to do with who won DCI last year.

This has nothing to do with "Phantom Homers" or anything else. Phantom has great shows that are entertaining every year. BD had a great show this year and Cadets had a show that was VERY controversial (go back to the forums from the summer), they had T-SHIRTS against the show that year!

In an overall sense, THIS has to do with the most entertaining show or your favorite show of 2007. You vote for the least favorite corps.

This has also happened for at least two or three years if not longer. The same way, first the top 12, then the non-finalist, then a poll in the Open Class then in DCA.

Edited by CoHmempho04

THIS has to do with the most entertaining show or your favorite show of 2007.

Actually, it has more to do with your least favorite show and/or corps. I would tend to think people are voting who they like the least. . .not who they like the most.

I also voted for Phantom (not that they are my least favorite). They get a lot of love around here.

I am just trying to keep things balanced. :tongue:

Its alright, we know how it is.

well, this one is looking like a blowout (shame, really) so, unless anyone objects, I'm going to close this one at 1 PM EST.

~>conner

THIS has to do with the most entertaining show or your favorite show of 2007. You vote for the least favorite corps.

Well, technically it's not even that. You just vote for who you want eliminated. The criteria for this is entirely individualized. You may vote to eliminate the corps with your least favorite 2007 show, you may vote for the corps whose uniforms you liked least, or you may vote for the corps who had the least interesting souvies. You might even vote for, say, Crown because of an irrational fear of royalty. It's entirely up to you.

I personally vote for my least favorite show. Of these twelve that's BAC.