Westshoremen Alumni

OK.... this is officially unofficial....LOL..... but just a brief progress report on the 2008 edition of the Westshoremen Alumni corps:

Second rehearsal today...... pretty good turnout. About 50 horns or so..... several folks missing, and some players won't be there until show day on April 12, so things look good. The drumline, as usual, is in great shape. OK.... maybe not physically, but drumming-wise. :w00t:

The corps worked on "Big Noise From Winnetka".... circa early 1980's Westshoremen.

I'm happy to get another opportunity to perform with the corps' pit percussion section this year. And so far, I have not broken anything, so I'm already ahead of the game. :doh:

Next rehearsal is Sunday, March 30...... "The Brothers" will be in the house that day!!!!!! :w00t:

Then, show day in Harrisburg, Saturday April 12.... the only 2008 performance for the "best once-a-year-performance corps in the business".... the Westshoremen Alumni!

Fran

Fran,

Thanks for the update... (OK, so I got here a little late...LOL)

Donna and I are looking forward to seeing youse guys there!! (2 weeks in a row... April 5th and 12th :thumbup: )

Tony ;-)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay,mac!!.............its all good! but you have to have a beverage with the brothers!( a well known rule)!

Always do, and I always take my blessing too! Some traditions will never die, no matter what uniform you have on... :thumbup:

It's been a long time since I got to play with "Awesome Alley"...I look forward to seeing the Pittsburgh crew come in!

Come check us out, but be careful: between Fran and Adam's shirt choices and Frans propensity to hurl objects off the stage, we can be hazardous to your health!

• 4 weeks later...

this weekend, the funk returns to the Shore.

Bear, Sandy, Dave and crew return to the Burg!!!!

It's been a long time since I got to play with "Awesome Alley"...I look forward to seeing the Pittsburgh crew come in!

Come check us out, but be careful: between Fran and Adam's shirt choices and Frans propensity to hurl objects off the stage, we can be hazardous to your health!

And I was going to dress tame. Now, I feel like I have to go Hawaiian just so I don't disappoint the people. It is dangerous driving down with that on though. It's like having the sun in your eyes for the whole two hour trip.......more like 1 1/2 the way I've been driving.

Have fun guys, I'd stop in but will be more than a little busy "down south" about 40 miles or so. :tongue:

Will just have to wait two more weeks and see the "finished" product. :cool:

And I was going to dress tame. Now, I feel like I have to go Hawaiian just so I don't disappoint the people. It is dangerous driving down with that on though. It's like having the sun in your eyes for the whole two hour trip.......more like 1 1/2 the way I've been driving.

don't feel the need to get all dressed up just for us. Shane and I will probably be checking NCAA scores every chance we get

And I was going to dress tame. Now, I feel like I have to go Hawaiian just so I don't disappoint the people.

Adam, now that I'm not going to be performing with the 'Shore this year, it's all on you to deliver on the Hawaiian shirt front...no pressure, though!!!! :tongue:

Fran

Adam if you wear an ugly shirt, since only 5 of the 6 bass stands are in, you get to wear a drum all day :thumbdown:

Adam if you wear an ugly shirt, since only 5 of the 6 bass stands are in, you get to wear a drum all day :thumbdown:

Polo shirt it is!!!!! My momma didn't raise no dummy.