Countdown Vote

I'm getting the same runaround as bluecoats88. Why do we have to post a lot of ID just to vote? My guess is that DCI is or wants to get into the mailing list business i.e., sorting and selling its file of names and addresses to interested marketers.

Possibly, although they also might just want to make sure everyone is only voting once. Filling out ID info doesn't prevent someone from making up other information....but it does make it more of a hassle to vote multiple times.

Peace,

CuriousMe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, although they also might just want to make sure everyone is only voting once. Filling out ID info doesn't prevent someone from making up other information....but it does make it more of a hassle to vote multiple times.

Peace,

CuriousMe

I didn't know it was a vote-only-once deal. Was DCI clear about this? I thought the voting was like American Idol; vote early, vote often.

I didn't know it was a vote-only-once deal. Was DCI clear about this? I thought the voting was like American Idol; vote early, vote often.

I don't know, I just assumed.

Peace,

CuriousMe

I'm getting the same runaround as bluecoats88. Why do we have to post a lot of ID just to vote? My guess is that DCI is or wants to get into the mailing list business i.e., sorting and selling its file of names and addresses to interested marketers.

Was it last year or the year before that voting was suspended because there was proof someone hacked the system with tons of multiple votes? (And no, I don't know what corps that was for.)

It says at the top of the voting page that you can only vote once per Fan Network account.

Was it last year or the year before that voting was suspended because there was proof someone hacked the system with tons of multiple votes? (And no, I don't know what corps that was for.)

Yes, I heard about that. Rumor had it there was a "bot". That's why you have logins and visual verifications -- much like many blogs and free email accounts now. You don't want everyone voting, but one person deciding...

No problems here.

No problems at all for me.

Fran

still not working, this is what I get :tongue: : "As a security feature DCI.org members are only allowed one simultaneous login per user. A multiple login attempt has caused your session to end." ???