Ghost Riders prepare to invade Harrisburg

Best of luck to the Ghost Riders, see you there Donny :tongue: Just love this activity! Mini corps rocks. :tongue:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss you too Nick...but I will see yinz in H Burg, and again at the St Joes Classic.

I will be playing my trumpet and my soprano both equally as loud as the other. Only on one of them, I will actually be able to slot the notes and play without edge.

On the o I am playing like I was in Phoenix again.ther, I will cut through the crowd with lots of edge, and all of the old school drum corps people will like me better. They will say

I am Donny.....and I miss the Erie T-Birds

We miss you too DA. I still remember 2006, our 50th Anniversary. Just something about the two teaching styles between you and Jeff Gibbens that seemed to compliment each other that made an all important year so successful. Didn't hurt that we had an occasional STEVE COOLEY as a "Cleaner" either. This is my 50th year as a THUNDERBIRD and these memories are pretty special to me.

I think there's a big....Thank You...in there somewhere.

Tim,

Leave Nick alone...he is in denial about his Vibrato. He has been much better though since his counselor, Jeff Gibbens, has been working with him.

Dad

Has Nick rid himself of the vibrato i remember from his days at Cru? Better bring the Vibrato Remover spray can just in case dad.... :devil:

Don't know about the sray can of Vibrato Remover but the next time you see Heavy "D" (now known as "Tommy D. LITE") axe him about the bottle of "Splic 'N Spleah" remover I gave him. Yep.....it's real and ...YEP...it worked. :cool:

Besides...I used that can of vibrato spray up when I taught the Hurricanes that summer of 2004...Cupcakes got the majotiy of it. He also was in denial of his vibrato. It is called VD...(Vibrato Denial) and it runs rampant in Alumni corps and even still occurs in some All-age corps. I love looking at the lead sops and asking who it is that is playing with vibrato, and they all point at each other...LOL.

Donny

Has Nick rid himself of the vibrato i remember from his days at Cru? Better bring the Vibrato Remover spray can just in case dad.... :cool:

Sorry Timmy, VIBRATO is in! If you ever have the pleasure of standing next to me in a Horn Line, you will observe that I only use VIBRATO during SOLO'S. Listen to "JEZEBELE." I throw a lttle VIBRATO in. Also, during "HANG 'EM HIGH", I throw a touch of VIBRATO in on beats 14, 15, & 16. (gotta do something in on a 16 count whole-note) However, during: "GOD BLESS THE USA" - I use no VIBRATO. You see Timmy, VIBRATO isn't always appropriate. Especially when you're a "Line-Player." Soloists can use VIBRATO......Line-Players should not. There is only 1 person who I've seen shake there horn while playing in the line, this person plays MELLOPHONE, he's an older gentleman who has been an ERIE THUNDERBIRD for 50 years. I won't mention any names though.....but he "Free-Bases" Geritol. I will mention that this person is usually the 2nd person to show up at every rehearsal. (I am the 1st)

On a final note, I would like to point out that I already have my music memorized for the 2008 season. I brought my music stand once this year. Also, I would like to add that the THUNDERBIRDS may/may not win the show in Harrisburg, but let there be no doubt that we WILL win the Party!

An now I'm about to be in "C-ya mode." So...............................................................C-YA!

I am Nick

Chicks STILL dig me.

Edited by SoloSop420

I am the only Ghost Rider that is allowed to use vibrato. But here are the facts.

Nick picks up chicks with his vibrato. Canadian vibrato is not very nice sounding. Connecticut vibrato is totllay different than anywhere else in the world, and very hard to get rid of.

Donny

Two questions Joe.......first: will GR be wearing masks this year???????

2nd: has Nick's vibrato gotten bigger or smaller????????

extra points: will Louie Scirotto be DM of Phoenix if he plays cymbals with vibrato????????

Joebaloney (according to Nick)

I am the only Ghost Rider that is allowed to use vibrato. But here are the facts.

Nick picks up chicks with his vibrato. Canadian vibrato is not very nice sounding. Connecticut vibrato is totllay different than anywhere else in the world, and very hard to get rid of.

Donny

Two questions Joe.......first: will GR be wearing masks this year???????

2nd: has Nick's vibrato gotten bigger or smaller????????

extra points: will Louie Scirotto be DM of Phoenix if he plays cymbals with vibrato????????

Joebaloney (according to Nick)

1. GR doing Phantom? 1812 Overture/Opera?

2. Put on a wig and I'll show you how big, or small it is. (Throw a little mascara on too............lip-stick............some eye-shadow would help........don't forget to brush your teeth and clip your nose-hairs..............and you better get me drunk and make sure it's dark!!) ........................and DON'T TELL MY WIFE!!!

See what you made me do?

I'm goin' to practice my Soprano now. Gotta sharpen the edge. Can't be dull. Nick ain't dull.....and there you have it!

They call me Nick