Ghost Riders prepare to invade Harrisburg

Timmy....I know you're too young to remember the infamous "penguin walk" (HECK...YOU WERE MAYBE ABOUT 3 OR 4 AT THE TIME???).....come talk to me in Harrisburg, and i'll give you a couple of tips on how to perfect it, so you can make your dad more proud of you than he already is!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy....I know you're too young to remember the infamous "penguin walk" (HECK...YOU WERE MAYBE ABOUT 3 OR 4 AT THE TIME???).....come talk to me in Harrisburg, and i'll give you a couple of tips on how to perfect it, so you can make your dad more proud of you than he already is!!!

Naaaah....

Timmy's more of modern style marcher. His influences were tall, thin Eastridge Lancer types like Pete Blake and Ryan Gravelle (the Tap Dance Kid)....

The rest of the Allens use more of a Thick Ankle Approach to marching. The "George Jefferson Strut" is a more natural movement to us.

i would just like to let everyone know that i will NOT be doing any penguin walks this year

I hope DAd doesn't take offense to this Timmy, but as long as you can look straight down and see your feet..........a Penguin Walk is not necessary :tongue:

I hope DAd doesn't take offense to this Timmy, but as long as you can look straight down and see your feet..........a Penguin Walk is not necessary :tongue:

:tongue:

Thanks Gene!!!! LOL

Naaaah....

Timmy's more of modern style marcher. His influences were tall, thin Eastridge Lancer types like Pete Blake and Ryan Gravelle (the Tap Dance Kid)....

The rest of the Allens use more of a Thick Ankle Approach to marching. The "George Jefferson Strut" is a more natural movement to us.

The marching style we incorporated at Empire in the early 90's was to lower your butt as close to the ground as you could get it, throw out the left elbow and GO....any guard members in the way were toast, especially if Tom saw Rocelle Bruni any where in sight. Maybe it was me, but he seemed to go out his way whenever he saw Shelly Bruni.

Timmy is getting called out everywhere for marching too good...even in DCI corps.

But I will again try to bring this back to topic. The Ghost Riders are the newly crowned MCA Western New York Champions! I made the decision myself.

Donny

Timmy is getting called out everywhere for marching too good...even in DCI corps.

Donny

Poor Tim!

That's the trouble when you're the child of someone famous. (Is DA famous? Some may say, "infamous!") All your life is spent in the glare of everyone else's eyes. And it's tough trying to escape the shadow of your famous parent.

At the risk of contributing to any future neurosis, I remember Timmy as a boy (7 or so?) playing a toy trumpet on the sidelines at corps rehearsals, repeating back what he heard the horn line play. And he was probably better at playing our parts than many of us were!

If we don't go to the ES Alumni party the prior week, the Fine's may try to get to Harrisburg to see GR. (I have to do something to keep this ON topic!)

Harrisburg should be a lot of fun.

I might...