Ghost Riders prepare to invade Harrisburg

And we may be using music stands.

Donny

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And NO VIBRATO...

Ghost Riders will be coming to Harrisburg, but we will not be making it to Blouseburg. I want you guys to remember that....

c) we're playing Bb/F instruments. so that means you will have to use a hearing aid to hear us

Donny

This one is very funny.....

Every time I go to a DCI show (which hasn't been in about 3 years now), I always had to cup my ears so I can actually hear what they are playing. :thumbup:

I know that indoors it is a different story.....especially with the acoustics in the hotel ballroom.....

You'll be heard Donnie.....trust me!!!

(And....I can't WAIT to hear you guys!!!) :tongue:

The new Western Style music stands are being shipped by Pony Express. Hopefully we will have them by Harrisburg.

Donny

The new Western Style music stands are being shipped by Pony Express. Hopefully we will have them by Harrisburg.

Donny

I just recieved my Western Style music stand via Fedex and it came with a Maynard Fergueson Collection set of bad vibratto blocking earmuffs...no charge. Is this a gREAT country or what?

Donny

Donny-

I never realized that Ponzo was a "Cup-penheimer." Soon he'll be sitting next to Holmesy and Campagnola at DCA prelims, cupping his ears complaining that corps just don't project the way they used to...

Yeah, he is a cupper from way back...only for Bb horn lines though.

Donny-

I never realized that Ponzo was a "Cup-penheimer." Soon he'll be sitting next to Holmesy and Campagnola at DCA prelims, cupping his ears complaining that corps just don't project the way they used to...

Jim....

Been there, done that, and still I bought the t-shirts.....

What can I say.......they just DON'T project like they used to!!

But indoors....they are not bad!

Jim....

Been there, done that, and still I bought the t-shirts.....

What can I say.......they just DON'T project like they used to!!

But indoors....they are not bad!

Thanks Frank-

And to think that all this time (since the advent of Bb/F) I just assumed I was going deaf!!!!

I still dont know Frank...Cadets, Phantom, SCV and Blue Devils were pretty friggin' loud last year. There wasnt that much of a noticeable difference between Empire and Bucs in that department last year either. The corps that know how to do it, do it as well as they ever did.

I believe that it is more about the distance they have to travel than the amount of volume. The corps mentioned did make it to the top of the Rose Bowl last year with no problem, as did Bluecoats, Crown, et al...

Sometimes I think that people get edginess and volume confused. Not saying that is you, but there is a more of a difference in sound, not as much as there is with volume. It also depends on the mouthpieces people are using on trumpets versus bugles. And the ranges they are playing in...The Bb's are harder to overblow to the point of edginess.

Just my opinion...as one that still teaches both. I still like the sound of a really good bugle line, but there arent that many of them anymore.

Donny