"Lawsuit Targets Colts"

Sure, if these DEADBEAT parents manage to win a suit against the Colts in this matter, it will allow them to continue to believe that they aren't DEADBEAT parents.

The mere suggestion that a drum corps would steal and harbor a kid is ludicrous. These parents and their BS have stink all over them.

And I know what I'm talking about too, since I've read six pages of people's opinions on a website. I could preside over this trial.

LOL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like bum parents trying to get their hands on money, even if it is through exploiting their child and a positive youth activity, nevermind the gracious family that housed him/her...

Agreed. The kid ran away from the parents twice, once purchasing a bus ticket. The problem is clearly with them and not the Colt Cadets.

that report is freaking stupid. what it should say was the parents of that child were so freakin stupid and such bad parents they obviously couldnt gain the love of there own child. And instead of letting hte kid runaway and live on the streets the colts and the host family took care of him. mabey instead of teh parents of the kid blaming it on them and filing a suit they need to sharpen there parenting skills and grow the hell up.

They tried to make Mr. Orwell look like a pedophile in that picture :withstupid:

I would tend to agree. It smacks of editorialism on the part of the photographer and/or editor.

Fran

Is there anyway to publicly support Orwoll and the Colts in this instead of posting on a fairly niche website? Just was thinking that we should do our part to at least attempt to swing public sympathy for them.

I'm not so sure about the host family and the parents though, as there just isn't enough information on them at this time, but the Colts have to be innocent.

Is there anyway to publicly support Orwoll and the Colts in this instead of posting on a fairly niche website? Just was thinking that we should do our part to at least attempt to swing public sympathy for them.

I'm not so sure about the host family and the parents though, as there just isn't enough information on them at this time, but the Colts have to be innocent.

I don't think we need to worry about public sympathy. The Colts have an incredible legacy in Dubuque. This is a matter best handled by them, until such a time that they ask for outside assistance. It seems that the facts of this case will more than speak for themselves.

look on the bright side -- if they win, they'll have MONEY to make them feel better!

MONEY fixes everything, you know.

[/snark]

Especially when you've taken it from a non-profit organization working with kids..

Hell, if you can sue people for losing your dry cleaning for eleventy billion dollars...

True..but that judge who was the plantiff not only lost the suit; but lost his judging position DIRECTLY due to his actions!

The truth should come out in the wash; and I will suggest the Colts will come out sparkling clean.

I hope....

Could not have happened to a nicer corps, too bad

A mistake was made, you know where that road of good intentions often gets you, maybe

The biggest mistake was not calling the cops and having them deal with the kid at the bus station and being done with it then

Kind of surprised he didn’t, wonder why

Best of luck colts

And I thought I posted stupid ----, WOW

JASON