What would you choose...

Have you ever had to tell somebody about drum corps? If you had an extensive collection of DVD (or even VHS) or CD and record albums, what ONE show, show segment, drum or drill break would you use to illustrate what drum corps represents? Something that, after you share it, you can say, "Now THAT's drum corps!"

Any era, any corps.

Would you let them listen to '66 Crusaders play "Talk to the Trees" followed by the great drum solo? Anything from Hawthorne or Skyliners? Pepe wailing out in "Aquarius"? That smooth early 80's Bucs hornline playing Mangione? Hurcs belting out "Heat Wave" or "Bill Bailey"? Sunrisers screaming sop line in "Joker"? I guess you can see what era I seem to be stuck in...any era will do.

What ONE snippet would you use to show someone that "This is what I do...this is drum corps".

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm

Good question Bruce....

I'll say Crusaders "Channel One Suite"

I would show them 2 shows: 1992 Blue Devils featuring "When a Man Loves a Women" & 1994 Blue Devils featuring "Night Streets"

South Park Field circa 1960 video.

Cabs

Reilly

Skokie

Brigs

Rockets

Sky

Yankee Rebels

This show was the first senior show I ever went to and why I'm still in the activity today.

Edited by melligene

I would have to choose between the following:

1985 Suncoast Sound

1988 Blue Devils

1989 Phantom Regiment

Have you ever had to tell somebody about drum corps? If you had an extensive collection of DVD (or even VHS) or CD and record albums, what ONE show, show segment, drum or drill break would you use to illustrate what drum corps represents? Something that, after you share it, you can say, "Now THAT's drum corps!"

Any era, any corps.

Would you let them listen to '66 Crusaders play "Talk to the Trees" followed by the great drum solo? Anything from Hawthorne or Skyliners? Pepe wailing out in "Aquarius"? That smooth early 80's Bucs hornline playing Mangione? Hurcs belting out "Heat Wave" or "Bill Bailey"? Sunrisers screaming sop line in "Joker"? I guess you can see what era I seem to be stuck in...any era will do.

What ONE snippet would you use to show someone that "This is what I do...this is drum corps".

Someone not into marching music?

If so...either Crown's "Bohemian Rhapsody" or Cadet's "Moondance".

I would show them 2 shows: 1992 Blue Devils featuring "When a Man Loves a Women" & 1994 Blue Devils featuring "Night Streets"

I do agree with 92 BD "When a Man Loves a Woman"...huge sound, great theatrical effect with the uniform tops coming off...big finish...and everybody knows that tune and can relate to it. Good pick!

Easy - '85 Suncoast, '84 Cabs :withstupid: