WOW Factor-which corps offers the most?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these corps do you think offers the most WOW factor in their shows?

• Cavaliers
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Cadets
    • Blue Devils
    • Madison Scouts
    • Other

Not bitter - just don't understand it. The only wow factor they have provided the last three years is "Wow, I can't believe they are doing that crapola in their show". Wow.

Then it's highly unfortunate that you are not able to see past that "crapola" (which I assume must equal narration for you) and watch a corps that moves in great ways and plays really well.

I don't like most of the narration in their '07 show, but I don't think anyone can deny how great they moved and played. And that's only one example.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bitter - just don't understand it. The only wow factor they have provided the last three years is "Wow, I can't believe they are doing that crapola in their show". Wow.

Thank you very much, you have a very nice drum corps.

How could the #### cadets POSSIBLY be winning this vote? Pathetic.

Once again, opinion is stated, it’s not agreed with by some, so…. It’s wrong.

I read a bunch of posts stating how great Phantom is, but for me, PR year after year doesn’t hit the spot. Does this mean I dislike the corps – no. Do I think they suck – no. Do I think that other people shouldn’t like them – no. Has the corps produced some amazing moments on the field – for sure!!!! just not the kind or number that gets me going.

A segment of folks voting here have said Cadets provide them with the most WOW. Not a majority of votes (only 23% at the time of this post), just a larger number than the other choices. Great!!!! That's their collective opinion(s) not a pathetic result.

Hey Big Snare - Loosen your collar, take a big breath, pour yourself a tall one and next time you're at Target, buy the next largest size up of underwear.

Edited by bedford

Hey Big Snare - Loosen your collar, take a big breath, pour yourself a tall one and next time you're at Target, buy the next largest size up of underwear.

Oh I get it, cause Cadets fans shop at higher priced retailers, evidently also meaning their tastes are by definition more refined and upscale than the beer swilling, Target shopping, non Cadet liking cretins.

Thanks for clearing that up. Its kind of funny because in the same breath that he takes BigSnare to task for trying to cast aspersions on Cadet fans, he does the exact same thing back! Oh the irony.

Oh I get it, cause Cadets fans shop at higher priced retailers, evidently also meaning their tastes are by definition more refined and upscale than the beer swilling, Target shopping, non Cadet liking cretins.

Thanks for clearing that up. Its kind of funny because in the same breath that he takes BigSnare to task for trying to cast aspersions on Cadet fans, he does the exact same thing back! Oh the irony.

I think you are reading too much into it. I think he was simply saying "chill out".

Jazz running, jazz running?

In my day we did not jazz run nor would we ever have, we may have done the same move but we would have come up with a better name. Jazz running too close to jazz hands and I’d be happy to never udder the words jazz running again.

Any folks out there have a better name for it?

And don’t even get me started on pageantry arts, which is the most puke inducing thing you could call drum corps. I never joined or marched in a pageantry arts ensemble

The OP is so poorly constructed that I didn’t vote

All time DCI wow, SCV for sure, recently Cavies, and Mads always a fav.. Cadets took themselves out of the (not jazz) running with last year's abortion

Generally I prefer 'Ahh' moments – 'wow' moments are just cheap, flashy tarts the generally pass their sell-by date prior to finals, the 'Ahh' moments age and ripen, allowing their subtleties to develop and linger providing longer lasting satisfaction - all the cool cows dig the 'ahhs' way more