Biggest Travesties in WGI or DCI

I have posted this in both the Indoor Guard site as well as DCI site...As a member of Drum Corps from the 80's and having attended several WGI events...specifically 1989...I was wondering forget who is the best...but what other years does anyone feel, was it evident that a guard or corps should have won and didn't...taking nothing away from State Street Review in 89 or Madison Scouts in 88...but BLESSED SAC ruled and Dev's are you kidding me...sure DCI was in Whitewater in 88, but honestly...to this day...I am utterly amazed at SAC's loss in 89...just curious and as a Cadet...I'll eve throw in 87 could have been a tie!!! Naaaahhhh!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought Vangaurd should have won in 98.

That being said I really loved the top 2 shows that year. 98 SCV just happens to be my 2nd favorite show ever. That and it was also the first drum corps show I ever saw, so I guess I owe my obsession to that show : )

Edited by BST07

SCV in 88 (you could have heard a pin drop when they were announced second) and PR in 89. No disrespect to any corps, I love them all.

I think the biggest travesty is the 1988 "Let's pick the finals judging slate out of a hat and see what happens" finals and its outcome.

Don't think that'll be happening again any time soon ...

I agree with 1988. Ironically enough, I thought SCV should have won in 88, and should have been 2nd in 89.

I guess that's why I'm not a judge.

~>conner

I have posted this in both the Indoor Guard site as well as DCI site...As a member of Drum Corps from the 80's and having attended several WGI events...specifically 1989...I was wondering forget who is the best...but what other years does anyone feel, was it evident that a guard or corps should have won and didn't...taking nothing away from State Street Review in 89 or Madison Scouts in 88...but BLESSED SAC ruled and Dev's are you kidding me...sure DCI was in Whitewater in 88, but honestly...to this day...I am utterly amazed at SAC's loss in 89...just curious and as a Cadet...I'll eve throw in 87 could have been a tie!!! Naaaahhhh!

DCI finals was in Kansas City in 88. DCI Midwest was held earlier in the season in Whitewater. Scouts didn't win that show BTW.

SCV in 88 (you could have heard a pin drop when they were announced second) and PR in 89. No disrespect to any corps, I love them all.

I agree!

I personally liked STar of Indiana in 92 and 93.

I dont really care as much about the 02 cavies winning as i do about that score. I disagreed greatly with calling that the greatest show of all time. But then, what is? lol.. nobody will probably ever agree on that.

In WGI, I think 2004 RCC had the most artistic and most challenging production out there.

Again, nothing against the winnner.. just disagreed quite a bit. Oh,.. and RCC 4th in 06? probably the biggest crock EVER in WGI.

That should have been RCC and Aimachi 1 and 2

Xmen getting nuts and bolts in '79