Biggest Travesties in WGI or DCI

Got to put a shout out to an often overlooked show... 1985 Blue Devils. It was a tough show and that hornline was so crisp it just about ripped your face off. I had the pleasure of seeing them in Lynn, MA and Madison for finals week. Don't get me wrong, Garfield were worthy champions, but the Devs had one heck of a show too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1985 Santa Clara Vanguard.

There should have been no 3peat for Garfield that year.

1985 Santa Clara Vanguard.

OMG... Festive Overture and The Red Pony. 85 was such a great year; there was only one show in the top 12 that left me flat.

OMG... Festive Overture and The Red Pony. 85 was such a great year; there was only one show in the top 12 that left me flat.

As a member of the Troopers that year, I have to admit it was a bit intimidating (for me, at least) to be playing the same closer as SCV that year. Whoops! I've always wondered if that would have happened if corps designers had access to the internet back then.

As a member of the Troopers that year, I have to admit it was a bit intimidating (for me, at least) to be playing the same closer as SCV that year.

Once again, I find myself in agreement! I decided to march in a drum corps last year based solely on the fact that the 2006 Div 1 Finals DVD looked sweet. Then, last year, I found myself playing the same closer as one of my favorites from what I knew of the activity. Intimidating!

1986 27th Lancers missing finals. Everyone I was sitting around (all not 27th people) said they were either 9th or 10th that year. People were stunned when they were announced in 13th, and then even more stunned when they walked through the stadium at finals with the banner saying they had folded.

Hearing that 27 had folded was a definite "Say it 'aint so" moment.

Xmen getting nuts and bolts in '79

What are you talking about, they were Associate Corps Champions!