Biggest Travesties in WGI or DCI

I agree with 1988. Ironically enough, I thought SCV should have won in 88, and should have been 2nd in 89.

I guess that's why I'm not a judge.

~>conner

I agree 100%

I thought it was a little weird that BD won this past year.... like the world champion missing step-offs? didn't exactly feel right...

There have been mistakes by the winner before. As mentioned in a earlier post, check out the '89 SCV snare line intervals. They were marching a hole and the snare line looked like an accordion the whole show. Still, they did a great job considering the hole came about at the end of the summer. I know there were a few horn holes as well. I remember hearing that SCV got caught with overaged members, hence the holes. That was the rumor going around finals week but I never did find out what really happened....anyone care to chime in?

Edited by Coaster

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The snare player came from England with a forged British passport with a fake birthdate which is why he got away with it for so long. I don't why he thought he could get away with it. By 89 there were scores of Brits coming over to march and just to watch Finals week and this person had marched for years on the DCUK circuit.

The snare player came from England with a forged British passport with a fake birthdate which is why he got away with it for so long. I don't why he thought he could get away with it. By 89 there were scores of Brits coming over to march and just to watch Finals week and this person had marched for years on the DCUK circuit.

We had 4 or 5 members from England in '89.

I think every year in which Madison doesn't win is a travesty! :tongue:

'89 Cadets not winning High Drums.

With the exception of Madison it did. Semis 2. BD 3. SCV 4. GARFIELD 5. CAVIES Finals 2. SCV 3.BD 4. CAVIES 5. GARFIELD

1. Garfield was last on and they would have been anyway after winning 1987 defending chanps

2. Madison on 2nd cuz we won prelims

3. Cavies

4. Vanguard on at the correct spot.

5. Blue Devils

Only BD and Cavies were out of spots in a flip flop out of the top five....

Father Ryan down in 3rd place in PSW last year in Finals.

These scores from Prelims and Finals in the "Performance" caption.

Performance 1 Judge -- (Julie Davila)

Cmp --> 1st (Prelim), 1st (Finals)

Prf --> 1st (P), 3rd (F)

Overall --> 1st (P), 3rd (F)

Performance 2 Judge --

Cmp --> 7th (P), 5th (F)

Prf --> 3rd (P), 6th (F)

Overall --> 4th (P), (6th)

(no affil)

Biggest travesty: Phantom Regiment placing 3rd in percussion last summer.

And for the too-high placement from earlier...2006 - the ref to the Cadets winning that show (the one that the APD was pulled) - yes, they should have never won that show. They should have been LAST. At the top the next night, but that night, LAST.

Lol, i was there and YES, it was bad, and YES, we should have not won, but last??? How does a 40 second tear drop the rest of a box 4 show into box 2, especially consider that the entire tear had no effect on well over half the captions (brass wasnt playing, guard was fine, visuals we still together, etc....)

I'm not saying they should have won but if you watch video closely and if you were there and then look at the score recap 1993 PR got reamed a little themselves. Also, Crown Last year should have gotten more GE points IMO.