Between the two, since 2003

Drill  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Between the two since 2003, who had generally better drill (As in better to watch)?

• SCV
    • Cavies
  2. 2. Between the two since, who had generally harder, more complex drill?

• SCV
    • Cavies
  3. 3. Between the two since 2003, who had a more enjoyable/complex show overall?

• SCV
    • Cavies

Geez, who to vote for? On one hand, my corps' chief nemesis...on the other, the greatest thieves of all time! Just kidding.

I voted Cavies all three...simply mesmerizing drill! Not even close. They've taken geometry from the realm of science and mathmatics and transformed it into art.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As if there is even a question. One corps has built its repuation on performing outrageously difficult drill moves, one has not. Of course you'll always get people who will vote for one over another simply because of loyalty or disslike of another corps, but in the back of your mind, you know your vote is dishonest.

:blink: :blink: :tongue::cool::blink::cool::worthy:

As if there is even a question. One corps has built its repuation on performing outrageously difficult drill moves, one has not. Of course you'll always get people who will vote for one over another simply because of loyalty or disslike of another corps, but in the back of your mind, you know your vote is dishonest.

Nope, I honestly voted SCV for number 3.

Cavies are good, but they bore me to death.

The Cavaliers

The Cavaliers

The Cavaliers

I have truly enjoyed every show they have fielded since 2000.

I enjoy SCV, too, just not as much. They usually have some of my favorite drill though (i.e. 2006 was pretty neat).

So the third question is dishonest? There can't possibly be people who found SCV more enjoyable than the Cavaliers lately?

1. Cavies - love watching Cavies drill, they nail it so well (except 2007 was somewhat off in drill, but still fun to watch)

2. SCV - I think their drill is more complex when it comes to design of the show, Cavies just seem to do crazy box stuff to some cool music. But SCV really integrates the music with the drill, IMO.

3. SCV - Musically they're miles ahead of Cavies, they (Cavies) tend to get boring to me, especially in ballads. And how can you not like the Viper? SCV shows are definately more enjoyable.

of course this is all IMO.

Ditto The Cavies shows are sometimes real snoozers. I have yet to not be enthralled by SCV

Although I love SCV, I had to go with Cavies for all 3. Only since 2006 when Weber got there can you make a comparison of drill to the Cavies. I do think in another 3 years SCV/Weber will be the new Cavies/Gaines.

Ask yourself this question--do you believe that today's Drum and Bugle Corps are truly "not drum corps"?

If so, ask yourself--which one did you do most recently, march in a junior drum corps, or pass a stone?

If your belly could pass for a #3 bass drum, perhaps you will do all of us the good humor of keeping this sentiment to yourself. After 18 years I have heard enough!

Wow! Silvertrombone, So after 18 years you've heard enough ?!?! Well after 31 years I've had enough. You and all the others like you will read and hear from me as long as I have breath in my Body and can type. It is becoming Marching Band. Plain and simple. Anybody who says otherwise is fooling themselves. Yeah the level of achievement is higher than ever and astounding. But it doesn't change the facts that it is just MBI being called DCI.

Edited by Perry S

Ask yourself this question--do you believe that today's Drum and Bugle Corps are truly "not drum corps"?

If so, ask yourself--which one did you do most recently, march in a junior drum corps, or pass a stone?

If your belly could pass for a #3 bass drum, perhaps you will do all of us the good humor of keeping this sentiment to yourself. After 18 years I have heard enough!

Wow! Silvertrombone, So after 18 years you've heard enough ?!?! Well after 31 years I've had enough. You and all the others like you will read and hear from me as long as I have breath in my Body and can type. It is becoming Marching Band. Plain and simple. Anybody who says otherwise is fooling themselves. Yeah the level of achievement is higher than ever and astounding. But it doesn't change the facts that it is just MBI being called DCI.

:blink:

Way to get completely off topic.