Will you attend the DCI Countdown this year?

Will You Go?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the DCI Countdown this year?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old fans vs. newbies

Just replace 'vs' with 'and' and I agree totally. Not accusing you one way or another, but just an attitude that we need to reduce. For example, I consider myself an old fan after 18 years, but there are a bunch of rude SOB's around here who were old-timer's before I was a noob. I'm just tired of the whole attitude. Peace. And I know you didn't mean anything by it.

I'll probably go despite feeling that supporting DCI financially is not in the best interest of the activity (My opinion, don't care if anyone agrees.) The line-up is decent and I'm really looking forward to seeing BD's 2007 show again.

Anyone else going to Emeryville?

If I go, I'll most likely be going in the South Bay - either Milpitas, Mountain View, or San Jose (Santana Row).

It's a no for me this year. These shows are so recent, and I want to see more from the 80s and 90s.

Edited by gbell211

I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan, and I changed my mid-tour leave date to a month later so I could make this show. However I'm not gonna to lie, I'm extremely upset that SCV is not on the list. Not just upset at the fact that they won't be in the show, but more at that fact that more fans would rather see a few other corps that will remain nameless. I'm really, truly not trying to be a hater or a troll or anything but... seriously? That's what people like now? Breaks my heart. I doubt I'll attend this year.

Edited by I play the baritone good

I have all of these shows on DVD. Rarely do I get to watch them on giant movie screen with great sound and a great atmosphere. I'm going to support the activity, to fill a seat so that this keeps happening in the future, and also for a chance to meet and talk to other drum corps fans in the area.

It's not just about what shows are on and what you have on dvd. You can sit at home by yourself and watch the dvd's, or you can spend $10-15, get out of the house, talk to others in person about drum corps, and support the activity.

I don't believe anyone on here that says they can't afford the ticket price.

I have all of these shows on DVD. Rarely do I get to watch them on giant movie screen with great sound and a great atmosphere. I'm going to support the activity, to fill a seat so that this keeps happening in the future, and also for a chance to meet and talk to other drum corps fans in the area.

It's not just about what shows are on and what you have on dvd. You can sit at home by yourself and watch the dvd's, or you can spend $10-15, get out of the house, talk to others in person about drum corps, and support the activity.

I don't believe anyone on here that says they can't afford the ticket price.

Well said. For the others out there not so supportive of the event....If you don't like the program, don't go, but tell 10 of your friends or the local HS band to attend. It's the least you can do to support the activity and help it grow so you have a choice to attend future events at all.