How Will Phantom Portray "I Am Spartacus!"?

Cop beat me to it. I was just going to say they aren't using music from the movie soundtrack.

However, as long as one of the announcers says "Someone just bought it" during the broadcast we'll be just fine. :sad:

Edited by skajerk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll be Spartacus the entire show.. they won't need to tell anyone. They never need to tell anyone; they just do it, think it, and believe it. Meanwhile, they're marching 204 bpm, jazz running everywhere, playing the loudest note you've ever heard. They'll be screaming "I am Spartacus" with every fiber of their being, but you won't hear a word. That's why they're the Phantom Regiment.

Just my $0.02. :sad:

Edited by euphononium

They'll be Spartacus the entire show.. they won't need to tell anyone. They never need to tell anyone; they just do it, think it, and believe it. Meanwhile, they're marching 204 bpm, jazz running everywhere, playing the loudest note you've ever heard. They'll be screaming "I am Spartacus" with every fiber of their being, but you won't hear a word. That's why they're the Phantom Regiment.

Just my $0.02. :sad:

Nicely put, euphononium. Phantom Regiment just IS Spartacus. Bring it on.

Edited by jingaling

Just my $0.02. :innocent:

I think you are absolutely correct - that has been PR's approach and it is great. However, have they won the titles they should have won: '89 & '06 (in my opinion) with that approach? Maybe 'being PR' is more important than having the most points anyway.

I am spending my morning in research. I have found most of the original music Phantom Regiment has listed as their program. Holy cow. Ginastera's Piano Concerto. I can't stand the wait. When is the first webcast?

Aram Khachaturian. One of the greatest composers in the history of the Soviet Union.

Also the scriber of great drum corps classics:

Sabre Dance (Bridgemen-and many others)

Gayane Ballet, which includes "Lezghinka", "Hopak" and "Dance of Welcome" (SCV '78-'79)

Spartacus (Phantom)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aram_Khachaturian

Not long ago, there was a wonderful documentary about his life on the Doc channel. The guy was hated by the politburo but loved by the people. Especially those in his native Armenia who heard their folk songs woven into the music.

Any other corps played Khachaturian?

Aram_Khachaturian.jpg

Well, I don't remember that line but its been a while since I saw the movie. How about the entire corps mass at mid-field in mid-performance and simply yell:

"I...AM...SPARTACUS!"

Sure to bring down the house! Simple. Exciting. And totally acoustic for all you purists out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Phantom being so tight lipped about their shows always drives me nuts - but then when I get to hear it for the first time, it's that much better!

Keep it tight Phantom - Come out rockin' at the Show of Shows first day of competition and blow away the Cavaliers!