South Power Regional

Any thoughts.

I have one! Blessed Sac should have been first!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The South's crowd seemed to be leaps and bounds better than the Mid-West one.. . .you could hear people clapping and cheering enthusiastically. Now, hop on over to any of the performances from the Midwest regional and you would have thought they were handing out zoloft at the door :-(

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Actually,

The Crowd cheered a heck of a lot for

Northmont

South Brunswick

Pope

Wakefield

Northview

Phantom

Code Black

The Cast

All of which ARENT from Florida,

In all seriousness, Sac was BORING! Thats why they didnt get a good response.

Northeast deserved the win.

Actually,

The Crowd cheered a heck of a lot for

Northmont

South Brunswick

Pope

Wakefield

Northview

Phantom

Code Black

The Cast

All of which ARENT from Florida,

In all seriousness, Sac was BORING! Thats why they didnt get a good response.

Northeast deserved the win.

I didn't hear much of anything for Code Black Actually. The sabre soloist towards the beginning didn't get much response at all, and that is not an easy solo.

And Sac was boring? Wow, I totally disagree.

All the solists (most of them anyway) blew up in finals...all the ensemble moments in the show were great...but the soloists ruined the moments.

In prelims they were on fire and got the responses they deserved. They crowd loved them in prelims. Sorry for those of you who werent there having to go by the finals performances. Actually a lot of the prelims performances were better than finals in IW. Except Sac and NEi who I thought both had bad runs in prelims. Both got much better in finals. I however just think Sac was boring, Im not the biggest fan of nei's show either...I think there both extremely good but too me Northeast had more energy and was way more entertaining than sac, and apparently both GE judges thought so too.

G-E-SHME-EE!

Eh. Not really.

I've always disliked performing in Florida. If you're from Florida, you're instantly loved and cheered for no matter what. If you're from anywhere else... well, too bad for you.

Really, go and listen on replay, especially to the lack of response to Blessed Sac's show.

Call me Captain Obvious, but it's easier to spot successful key moments from a guard you have been watching all season as opposed to a guard that is making a debut in your region. A lot of things are missed when watching a show live for the first or second time. If Sac had one or two more shows down here, I'm sure the crowd would have had a different response -- more lively and enthusiastic, I'm sure, but I think this weekend was just the audience getting a feel for the show... at least in my opinion.

Not to take anything away from the performances, but it's not really surprising to me that the home-state guards got more feedback than visitors -- just their neck of the woods, I suppose.

Edited by pawn shoppe heart

Call me Captain Obvious, but it's easier to spot successful key moments from a guard you have been watching all season as opposed to a guard that is making a debut in your region. A lot of things are missed when watching a show live for the first or second time. If Sac had one or two more shows down here, I'm sure the crowd would have had a different response -- more lively and enthusiastic, I'm sure, but I think this weekend was just the audience getting a feel for the show... at least in my opinion.

Not to take anything away from the performances, but it's not really surprising to me that the home-state guards got more feedback than visitors -- just their neck of the woods, I suppose.

I totally have to agree Purple up above, Florida crowds cheer louder for Florida guards, same for Texas and California. Us Texans even sing "Deep in the heart of Texas" at Championships. It's not a matter of how many times you've seen the show, I seriously think it's a regional thing. Sac would always have been not quite as loud as the florida guards.