South Power Regional

NOTE TO AMFGX...

As a fan of colorguard.....I am now reminded why there are INDEPENDENT colorguards and scholastic guards.. Funny how last year the boys of Phantom and this years boys .....or should we say men......of Code Black....are way more revealing concerning body parts. As a matter of fact....I`m sure both of them wear dance belts . The dancers in Fahrenheit.....are all wearing dance belts too.....so please take a minute ....raise your eyes above the belt....and enjoy the show. Sometimes people see what they want to see. Watch the show.....uniforms for Fahrenheit World are period costumes....French...romantic...paris??? BTW....go to the Ballet......you will claw your eyes out !!

Take NOTE !!

oh, i'm sorry for having an opinion. excuse my bad manners.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, i'm sorry for having an opinion. excuse my bad manners.

forgiven :)

DUH! It's all about movement!

(which NEi won also)

It's was meant as joke, we all know whoever wins GE wins the entire thing.

And your snarky comment has been noted, have a great day!

i'm going to agree with the other people who posted in the SW Prediction forum and say Stoneman Douglas was robbed. They were on fire and were very clean in both pre-lims and finals. Watch the replay videos-- their show definitely deserved above an 84.1. Like someone else said, they should have given Choctaw a run for their money. But then again, it is WGI. Just because a guard has been in world class for 20+ years and their director is high on the WGI board doesn't mean their group should be doing well because of that. Personally, I did not care for Choctaw's show. It reminded me of a mediocre Open class guard and that's what everyone around me in pre-lims and finals were saying about their show [other instructors as well]. Northview and Stoneman both should have scored above Choctaw. it's all politics and i feel sorry for the guards suffering because of it. flanagan was impeccable and i really hope they get the gold in ohio. they have the whole package and they deserve it because their show design is completely different from the rest. oh, and Blessed Sacrament should have gotten 1st! i love NEI, but Sac's show is a lot more intricate and difficult thant NEI. i guess we'll have to wait for Ohio to see what will happen.

in open class, cooper city should have taken kennesaw's spot. that was a shocker to see such a talented group not make finals. also, northmont was amazing. they will definitely get the gold in Ohio. i also think freedom should have gotten a higher score, but they did well anyway. in IO, USF's music gets me nauseous everytime i hear it and i do not like it whatsoever. i'm surprised they scored so high. it was probably because it was at their school.

NOTE TO AMFGX...

As a fan of colorguard.....I am now reminded why there are INDEPENDENT colorguards and scholastic guards.. Funny how last year the boys of Phantom and this years boys .....or should we say men......of Code Black....are way more revealing concerning body parts. As a matter of fact....I`m sure both of them wear dance belts . The dancers in Fahrenheit.....are all wearing dance belts too.....so please take a minute ....raise your eyes above the belt....and enjoy the show. Sometimes people see what they want to see. Watch the show.....uniforms for Fahrenheit World are period costumes....French...romantic...paris??? BTW....go to the Ballet......you will claw your eyes out !!

Take NOTE !!

Haha, ever see Oracle's last two shows? DEFINITELY ballet inspired which fit there fantastic movement.

NOTE TO AMFGX: They wear dance belts for protection (hope you know this) and it's not like they want to wear them. TRUST ME. No one wants

to wear a dance belt.

Haha, ever see Oracle's last two shows? DEFINITELY ballet inspired which fit there fantastic movement.

NOTE TO AMFGX: They wear dance belts for protection (hope you know this) and it's not like they want to wear them. TRUST ME. No one wants

to wear a dance belt.

haha :tongue:

i'm going to agree with the other people who posted in the SW Prediction forum and say Stoneman Douglas was robbed. They were on fire and were very clean in both pre-lims and finals. Watch the replay videos-- their show definitely deserved above an 84.1. Like someone else said, they should have given Choctaw a run for their money. But then again, it is WGI. Just because a guard has been in world class for 20+ years and their director is high on the WGI board doesn't mean their group should be doing well because of that. Personally, I did not care for Choctaw's show. It reminded me of a mediocre Open class guard and that's what everyone around me in pre-lims and finals were saying about their show [other instructors as well]. Northview and Stoneman both should have scored above Choctaw. it's all politics and i feel sorry for the guards suffering because of it. flanagan was impeccable and i really hope they get the gold in ohio. they have the whole package and they deserve it because their show design is completely different from the rest. oh, and Blessed Sacrament should have gotten 1st! i love NEI, but Sac's show is a lot more intricate and difficult thant NEI. i guess we'll have to wait for Ohio to see what will happen.

in open class, cooper city should have taken kennesaw's spot. that was a shocker to see such a talented group not make finals. also, northmont was amazing. they will definitely get the gold in Ohio. i also think freedom should have gotten a higher score, but they did well anyway. in IO, USF's music gets me nauseous everytime i hear it and i do not like it whatsoever. i'm surprised they scored so high. it was probably because it was at their school.

it's basically written in stone, judges dislike stoneman for some reason. douglas is an audience favorite, but not so much of a judge favorite. With Choctaw it's opposite.

if the audience chose the scores, we all know things would be different.

(...personal opinion haha)

A lot of Stoneman's placement has to do design and cohesion. . .not so much with what the performer's are doing. They are executing what they have been given, but that's not the issue. . .don't look for stoneman to break into the top 10, but I think they should get one of those last spots in finals.. . but you just never know.

I really feel bad for groups like Cooper City and Centerville whose shows I think are just being under-evaluated. I really love those shows and even taking out my bias, I don't understand their placements and/or score. . .but it is what it is. I find it hard to believe that the judges have an issue with centerville's design, when it was designed by the same staff (or a handful of people) who did Avon's show and Pride's show. . .

I, for one, have always enjoyed Choctawhatchee's shows (especially 2007!) and think this year is equally wonderful. Boring?? Perhaps, but they are very talented ladies doing some great things (especially with their bodies). I think the judges were right with their placements in SW in Florida.

I think Centerville's weakness is that, while they may perform well, they do no execute the equipment work quite as strongly as other groups. I love their show this year, but unfortunately I don't see it climbing into finals (though i sure hope it does!) or else being in 14 or 15th place.

Something I don't understand is why Shenendehowa doesn't seem to be bursting forth into the top tier. They are impeccable!

I, for one, have always enjoyed Choctawhatchee's shows (especially 2007!) and think this year is equally wonderful. Boring?? Perhaps, but they are very talented ladies doing some great things (especially with their bodies). I think the judges were right with their placements in SW in Florida.

I think Centerville's weakness is that, while they may perform well, they do no execute the equipment work quite as strongly as other groups. I love their show this year, but unfortunately I don't see it climbing into finals (though i sure hope it does!) or else being in 14 or 15th place.

Something I don't understand is why Shenendehowa doesn't seem to be bursting forth into the top tier. They are impeccable!

I think centerville does have an execution problem in equipement, and they should get dinged there. . .but that's not what's happening, they are getting dinged across the board, especially in GE. . and they are definitely not getting credit for their movement. . I mean they have andy toth of all people who is doing their movement. They should definitley be higher than what they are scoring. . . much higher. But, it seems they've reached the glass ceiling. Ok. . .off of the soap box.