Kingsmen Alumni Corps In Countdown

Can't believe someone hasn't mentioned this yet,...

From DCI.org

"Returning to the field after more than 20 years, a special exhibition performance by the Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni Corps will serve as an exciting conclusion to “The Countdown.” The show will feature a portion of the group’s performance at the 2007 DCI World Championship Semifinals in Pasadena, Calif. The Anaheim Kingsmen were Drum Corps International’s very first World Champion, taking the title in 1972."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amazing and Awesome!

From DCI.org

"Returning to the field after more than 20 years, a special exhibition performance by the Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni Corps will serve as an exciting conclusion to “The Countdown.” The show will feature a portion of the group’s performance at the 2007 DCI World Championship Semifinals in Pasadena, Calif. The Anaheim Kingsmen were Drum Corps International’s very first World Champion, taking the title in 1972."

That will make it worth going to...seeing as I used Kmen tickets all weekend, but was too busy with OUR alumni party to see them live! :ninja:

From DCI.org

We just heard it ourselves. Just tonight there was a post on our board. What a pleasant surprise. Looks like the theater at the Irvine Spectrum will be rocking.

Personally, I am STOKED! :ninja::wacko::smile:

KACDCI0807078.jpg

KACDCI0807082.jpg

KACDCI0807088.jpg

Considering lots of people cried "foul" when the Countdown wouldn't be Classic, I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on this topic. I remember watching the Kingsmen Alumni Corps on the Semi-Finals webcast, and it was insane. I figured this addition would cause more to be happy about the Countdown. But I guess when DCI does something good, they usually don't get praised for it.

Props to DCI for adding some old school flavor to the reformatted Countdown. Bring in the current band kids with the recent shows, and show 'em the old school with a great Alumni corps. Too bad they couldn't get the Madison Alumni Corps in there, too.

WOW is right. Sure, its not the same as having a bunch of 70's and 80's corps, but its still a pretty sweet deal, and certainly should soothe some of the terrible pain of only having those hideous shows from the past three years :sad:

This is great news!!!

It was a SUPER FANTASTIC performance! :guinesssmilie::sad::sad:

Thanks DCI

The sound these guys put out what was incredible. I had never heard anything like it in my life. I had no idea what was going on, it was like being enveloped in a hurricane of sound. It was perfect. Not like the theater showing will in any way represent that, though.

Considering lots of people cried "foul" when the Countdown wouldn't be Classic, I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on this topic. I remember watching the Kingsmen Alumni Corps on the Semi-Finals webcast, and it was insane. I figured this addition would cause more to be happy about the Countdown. But I guess when DCI does something good, they usually don't get praised for it.

Well - considering this was just posted 12 hours or so ago and for most of those 12 hours we've all been sleeping or at work, I'd say you were jumping the gun just a tad on complaining about a lack of response.....

Props to DCI for adding some old school flavor to the reformatted Countdown. Bring in the current band kids with the recent shows, and show 'em the old school with a great Alumni corps. Too bad they couldn't get the Madison Alumni Corps in there, too.

I agree 100%.