Quick Thoughts

Guardguy89

much like shows about color time has run out for shows about time. :blush:

Much like shows about color, time has run out for shows around tragic world events.

Groups should be penalized for bad coloration between uniforms, flags, props and floors. I think we need a "coloration" caption. I'm ok with it only being 10% of the overall score.

One bar at headquarters is so 1980!

Can WGI implement a mandatory policy that all area hotels MUST change bedding for all WGI guests and participants on a daily basis during championship week?

Edited by johnnyO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually only remember Zydeco and Alter Ego doing show about "tragic world events" this season.

I tracked your IP address once and have a pretty good idea which one you have a problem with so let's just salute the champions and move on to '09.

Much like shows about color, time has run out for shows around tragic world events.

moving on to 2009

rumor is a tribute to "the donner party" is in the works for next year[they start with 30 performers but only end up with three].

there is also a colorectal cancer show with music "papas got a brand new bag"by james brown and a tearjerker of a show titled "save the shitzu's" raising awareness for the desperate plight of these tiny adorable dogs.

looks like it's gonna be another great year! :blush:

Edited by dugg

Let's see........quick thoughts about Dayton....

Stuffing your entire staff in a photo booth at the Dayton Mall makes for many laughs and lots of crazy digital pics by the kids....and when it says, "Out of Paper. Call customer service." they really will take your address and send you a refund.

It's worth it to call in January to make reservations at Bravo! for the whole group......the kids LOVED IT!!

When the hotel you stay at has a "roundabout" driveway in the front, keep an eye on the staff and parents......they may end up having a contest of who can go around it the most times before giving in and pulling into the parking lot.

Signs for "Queenie's Weenies" make for lots of good laughs and discussion!!

It *thrills* the kids when the goofy dance they made up on a break during a rehearsal actually comes in handy when the same song is played after finals retreat and they end up being shown dancing on the jumbotron.

Having them all write a letter to their fellow guard members about what made their season special is priceless. They laugh, cry (good tears) and have a wonderful way to remember things that might otherwise be forgotten.

Even if it's been 26 years, there are some people you can run into at headquarters or while you're warming up for prelims and because of color guard, you'd still recognize them anywhere and could talk for hours if you had the time.

Happy WGI everyone.......is it time for 2009 yet?? :blush:

It *thrills* the kids when the goofy dance they made up on a break during a rehearsal actually comes in handy when the same song is played after finals retreat and they end up being shown dancing on the jumbotron.

I swore I saw this. I thought "Who the heck had a pre-choreographed dance for retreat? SWEET!"

I actually only remember Zydeco and Alter Ego doing show about "tragic world events" this season.

I tracked your IP address once and have a pretty good idea which one you have a problem with so let's just salute the champions and move on to '09.

Stalker! :blush:

Actually, I don't have a problem with either of them (or Union HS when they did the Holocaust). In fact, I saluted the group you think I have "a problem with" in an earlier post 'cause they were AWESOME in finals and deserved the win. So track that!

I was simply stating time has run out for these types of shows, much like another poster said time has run out for shows around color or time.

Oh...and in case I wasn't clear in my earlier post, CONGRATULATIONS to ALL the winners, medalists and performers in 2008!

Edited by johnnyO

It's my job honey :) thanks for clearing all that up!

Stalker! :tongue:

Actually, I don't have a problem with either of them (or Union HS when they did the Holocaust). In fact, I saluted the group you think I have "a problem with" in an earlier post 'cause they were AWESOME in finals and deserved the win. So track that!

I was simply stating time has run out for these types of shows, much like another poster said time has run out for shows around color or time.

Oh...and in case I wasn't clear in my earlier post, CONGRATULATIONS to ALL the winners, medalists and performers in 2008!

I swore I saw this. I thought "Who the heck had a pre-choreographed dance for retreat? SWEET!"

It was completely a fluke. They got a little "creative" one rehearsal weekend when the designer was out of town. Being the old softy that I am, I let them play a little bit, and soon they were doing it after retreat at local shows and other groups were asking to learn it. By the end of the season, there were quite a few guards who would all pile together to dance at the end of each show. The kids FLIPPED when they heard "Low" start after Finals retreat....it was a perfect end to their season!!

There's a fun video of them from the weekend they made it up on our MySpace page..... http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=27526377