Marty Hurley should be in the DCI Hall of Fame

I cannot believe that Marty Hurley is not in the DCI Hall of Fame. He had some great drumlines with Phantom Regiment and several other corps. What gives? Any ideas?

I cannot believe that Marty Hurley is not in the DCI Hall of Fame. He had some great drumlines with Phantom Regiment and several other corps. What gives? Any ideas?

I think you're absolutely right. I, personally, am not a fan of his, but there is now doubt he should be in the HOF. ScoJo should be in there too!

first bill cook, now this? ok, we need to start a dcp hall of fame for those who have been slighted by the dci hall of fame. we have until next february to create a field of 5-6 worthy names, and plan a massive letter writing campaign. you guys down?

first bill cook, now this? ok, we need to start a dcp hall of fame for those who have been slighted by the dci hall of fame. we have until next february to create a field of 5-6 worthy names, and plan a massive letter writing campaign. you guys down?

We could call it the "The DCI Not Quite Hall of Fame (yet)"

PS - by my count it is 68 days until the first contest...

Letters and submission materials were received for about thirty people this year. As you can imagine, that's a lot considering how many get voted in each year. The person I co-nominated did not make it out of the committee session where it was decided which of those thirty would go on for a vote. There are many people who could/should be in, but there are only so many that go in each year.

Frankly, I'd hate to be a person deciding what four or five out of thirty worthy nominees should be selected.

I think you're absolutely right. I, personally, am not a fan of his, but there is now doubt he should be in the HOF. ScoJo should be in there too!

Marty Hurley...the king of slur.

Letters and submission materials were received for about thirty people this year. As you can imagine, that's a lot considering how many get voted in each year. The person I co-nominated did not make it out of the committee session where it was decided which of those thirty would go on for a vote. There are many people who could/should be in, but there are only so many that go in each year.

Frankly, I'd hate to be a person deciding what four or five out of thirty worthy nominees should be selected.

Hey, Mike,

Are the finalist names posted anywhere? Or a list of all the nominees? For all we know, Cook and Hurley may already be on one or both of those lists.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor