Bushwackers are getting through a tough situation

Drumcorps would not be drumcorps without adversity. If drumcorps was easy, it wouldn’t be such a meaningful experience, and the bonds we form would not be as strong and as permanent as they are.

And, those stories that drumcorps people tend to tell: we tend to become storytellers because there are so many amazing and inspirational stories to tell.

This is one of those stories.

The Bushwacker equipment trailer was stolen last week. The Bushwackers used that trailer as a mobile storage facility for our instruments and other equipment, so we lost all of our equipment. Everything has to be replaced: battery, pit, horns, guard equipment, tools, a generator, and many other things. Thankfully, our unique uniforms were NOT in the trailer.

After contacting the police and our insurance company, we contacted our friends. Our insurance company has already agreed to quickly compensate us for our loss, but it is the kindness of friends that has truly warmed our hearts and has let us know that we will be ok.

Jersey Surf’s Bob Jacobs was one of the first to offer help. Surf members will be performing with new horns this season, and Mr. Jacobs has offered us an entire set of Bb Dynasty horns (72 instruments). Other friends have offered help with percussion instruments and guard equipment as well as brass instruments. The Bushwackers are truly grateful to have such wonderful friends.

Thanks to some awesome people, the April 26 and 27 camp will take place as scheduled, and our plans for “Gypsodic!” have not changed.

Please visit http://www.bushwackers.org if you would like information on how to join, how to help, or if you’d like to run the serial number of some instrument for sale on E-bay by us.

Edited by The Bushwackers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Good luck guys, and man that's great the insurance company will move fast

That sucks, guys, but man what generosity! Now that is true brotherhood in Drum Corps.

Wow!

We have our stuff in our trailer a lot of the time. I try to keep the thing in my garage as much as I can. When i can't I usually put the equipment inside my house rather than out side in the trailer.

I'm sure you guys are a larger operation and would need a larger inside storage area. I hope they catch the perp or perps.

Good news about getting temporary equipment. :ph34r:

wow, that's crazy, I hope all is good

Wow...that really sucks. Whoever decided that it would be a good idea to steal the trailer should be hung by his little toe nails.

Props to Jersey Surf for the horns. :ph34r:

What were the make/model of the horns? I do tend to surf e-bay quite a bit, so I'll keep my eye out. Also, to whom should we direct inquiries regarding s/n and the like?

We had Dynasty horns, 4 years old too.

That is terrible news, I hope your stuff turns up and the people responsible are caught.

Similar thing happened to Kiwanis Kavaliers a few years back and they had a poster made up with pictures and serial numbers on it that was distributed to many music stores, pawn shops and band rooms.

http://www.kiwaniskavaliers.org/images/KKREWARD.jpg

If a PDF was created and made available I (and I'm sure many others on DCP) would gladly print it off and post it around town.

We have such great friends and family!! :ph34r:

Go Bush! bushbuddyguy.gif

That is terrible news, I hope your stuff turns up and the people responsible are caught.

Similar thing happened to Kiwanis Kavaliers a few years back and they had a poster made up with pictures and serial numbers on it that was distributed to many music stores, pawn shops and band rooms.

http://www.kiwaniskavaliers.org/images/KKREWARD.jpg

If a PDF was created and made available I (and I'm sure many others on DCP) would gladly print it off and post it around town.

Hey that's interesting. Maybe we should do that!

Edited by Mike De Franco

Wow that's terrible. Man, I'm glad I keep my instrument with me! Best of luck in getting everything back!

Edited by CorpsBuff