Best 1st Place Show - OVERTIME

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star 1991

That chariot race into the company front out of nowhere in the opener with the Pines of Rome hint was amazing!

And the Cross to Cross...stellar...a little dirty on the second one...but stellar...

a very challenging, well designed and chilling show

UPDATE

---------------------

'89 Santa Clara Vanguard...37

'91 Star of Indiana...41

'91 Star takes the lead!

In the first poll I voted 89 SCV. I just watched both shows. I'm going to change my vote.

91 Star FTW.

Let's see...repeat show or perhaps the most highly innovative drill show of all time?

SCV 89 was perhaps the defining show of an era and perhaps that corps...entertainment, story-telling and that little extra umph that will always be 89 SCV.

Star 91 was a warning shot across the bow of DCI that this corps was definitely for real and that major change was on the way. I would put forward that had Star gone off to do Brass Theatre after 91 and 92/93 had never happened that the activity would still have been changed forever. Simply cannot say the same for SCV 89, but that's just my opinion, and that + $5 at Starbucks...

First Choice: Star 91

Second Choice: Star 91

Honorable Mention: Star 91

No diss against a truly great SCV 89, the fans, or alum...just, IMHO, no contest.

Star 1991

And the Cross to Cross...stellar...a little dirty on the second one...but stellar...

Yes...but......whoa! For a marching band-O at his first show, and wearing out a VHS reliving it, just too much to witness. Just...wow! One of the greatest two or three drill moves of all time. Even the Star haters couldn't help but watch in awe of that one!

UPDATE

---------------------

'89 Santa Clara Vanguard...37

'91 Star of Indiana...44

Roles reversed and now Star has a comfortable lead

91 Star

1989 SCV

Star 91