Charging your electronics while on tour

I always borrowed a phone because I didn't have a phone yet (it was 2004).

Aerobeds only take a minute to inflate and once you do it 5 times in 5 days, you get pretty quick at it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. have your own power strip, this way you can unplug something, take that outlet, then plug said unplugged device into yours

2. duct tape your chargers to your power strip. now you never hove to worry about someone taking your chargers or unplugging them from your own strip. nor will you ever lose them

3. duct tape the ipod to the gym floor so it doesnt get stolen

4. duct tape the gym floor to the earth, so it doesnt get stolen

1. have your own power strip, this way you can unplug something, take that outlet, then plug said unplugged device into yours

2. duct tape your chargers to your power strip. now you never hove to worry about someone taking your chargers or unplugging them from your own strip. nor will you ever lose them

3. duct tape the ipod to the gym floor so it doesnt get stolen

4. duct tape the gym floor to the earth, so it doesnt get stolen

Idiot, duct taping the gym floor to the earth won't keep it from getting stolen.

Just kidding, duct taping the gym floor to the earth will absolutely keep it from getting stolen. Plus haven't you heard?..wood floor thefts are on the rise...

Its late.

l_ac11c113f65b6b1cdfecfa53d15de3fb.jpg

Looks kinda like that.

That's ridiculous! I'm surprised that doesn't start a fire.

Ya, lots of power strips. I found that bringing a power strip on tour scored a lot of points with members...great way to get to know people (when they need to use your power strip)

Oh man! Never give away anything that you can sell ! (Just kidding). :tongue:

When I marched in DCI it was a free for all. Find a spot on the floor closest to an outlet or you didn't have power that night. I don't remember it being a very big problem at that time. I can't think of any times I couldn't charge my phone. I don't recall anyone having power strips either. There was ONE air bed that I can remember. So that was definitely not an issue back then. Now that I am in DCA, I can't believe I didn't use an air mattress!

Like what someone said before....about the bus driver...

You can buy one of those ciggarette lighter converters that gives you a wall plug as long as the bus is turned on. They can be a little pricey at times, but just split the costs with your friends on the bus and plug a strip into it.

I had this with me in 2001 and 2002 to charge my cell phone and electric shaver....made me quite popular on the bus at timse too.

That's ridiculous! I'm surprised that doesn't start a fire.

Except for the schnagle, it's not that dangerous. Most iPod and phone chargers are only rated at 250 to 500 mW. you'd need to connect at about 40 of them to overload a 15 A circuit. And I'd bet gym outlets would be rated at 20 A.

l_ac11c113f65b6b1cdfecfa53d15de3fb.jpg

Looks kinda like that.

yea i'd say that's pretty much the standard

i believe that if whatever you're charging if fully charged, and it's still on there, it's fair game for someone who needs it to unplug it and plug theirs in.

but ONLY after it's done charging