Are there any new towns hosting drum corps shows this season?

In OPEN CLASS, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada is hosting a show on July 27th at McMaster University. We're very excited about hosting a show. Only an hour from Buffalo, New York and 3 hours from Detroit, Michigan......come on out and enjoy some great Open Class Corps at a brand new facility on Sunday July 27th. Tickets will be a great price. Come and support Open Class and drum corps in Canada!!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more inclined to notice long-time shows falling off the schedule -

What happened to Ankeny, IA? There's been a show there as long as I can remember.....nearly 30 years now.

Same for Evansville, IN?

It's been missing for three or four summers but same for Burlington, IA?

Cedar Rapids, IA?

Why nothing in Wyoming? At the very least Cheyenne used to be able to support a show.

Yeah they dropped Enid, OK also. That show has been going on ever since VK of Enid was around I think. I remember marching it 20 years go. Was sponsored by the Enid HS Band Boosters. Maybe they pulled out or something.

Yeah they dropped Enid, OK also. That show has been going on ever since VK of Enid was around I think. I remember marching it 20 years go. Was sponsored by the Enid HS Band Boosters. Maybe they pulled out or something.

I'm sorry, but thank goodness. Worst days of my marching life were in Enid Ok.

Why nothing in Wyoming? At the very least Cheyenne used to be able to support a show.

Add to this the fact that it's the Troopers' 50th annniversary this year, and no home show in Casper?

Garry in Vegas

I'm sorry, but thank goodness. Worst days of my marching life were in Enid Ok.

Amen, brother.

There aren't any shows in Pittsburgh, PA this year; there had been one for years and a second in the last 3-4 years...now none :(

I think that this is the show that used to be held in Lexington/Winchester.

I knew that it was replacing the Lexington show. I meant that I thought it was the first time at that locale.

Ocean Springs, MS

Add to this the fact that it's the Troopers' 50th annniversary this year, and no home show in Casper?

Garry in Vegas

There will be 50th events from what I gather, just not shows around those events. Troopers schedule has them in Ogden, UT on July 10, then Denver on July 12 with Nebraska, Kansas and Texas on July 14-20.

In OPEN CLASS, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada is hosting a show on July 27th at McMaster University. We're very excited about hosting a show. Only an hour from Buffalo, New York and 3 hours from Detroit, Michigan......come on out and enjoy some great Open Class Corps at a brand new facility on Sunday July 27th. Tickets will be a great price. Come and support Open Class and drum corps in Canada!!!!

McMaster's facilities look nice. Too bad they couldn't get Ivor-Wynne though.