Alright this is for Braggin rights

1985 Crossmen is only funny now. At the time, not so much.

We had a lot of talent in that corps, but I wasn't kidding about having the worst drill in the history of pageantry.

Look for yourself -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmrqhdfivTk

I didn't think it was bad for 1985. Drill was a bit odd, but I think the main problem was execution of the drill. The hornline actually did better than the guard, IMO.

If that's a worst show, then you have nothing to complain about.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminded me of BAD high school drill.

In 1980, my corps (Chattahoochee Sound Association) placed 18th out of 21 in Class A. We scored 25.60, edging Barons of Steuben and Pacific Blue, while Iron Cross brought up the rear with a lowly 14.05.

In an earlier post, I mentioned that the junior corps I marched with did not break a 60 for two straight seasons, 1975-76.

We were pretty sucky those years.... but what was really scary is that there were at least two corps in our local circuit that we would beat by 20 points or so, every show. I mean, THAT is bad.

Fran

Last place in 1965 NY state Championships with the St Joes Peanut corps...we were all 9 years old and very cute kids. Guys from the Murraymen are still bragging how they beat us. ...and it wasnt by much.

10th tenth place VFW Nationals St. Joes 1969

17th place DCI Purple Lancers 1973

13 th place CRU DCA 1982....(el stinko)

Donny

Last place in 1965 NY state Championships with the St Joes Peanut corps...we were all 9 years old and very cute kids. Guys from the Murraymen are still bragging how they beat us. ...and it wasnt by much.

10th tenth place VFW Nationals St. Joes 1969

17th place DCI Purple Lancers 1973

13 th place CRU DCA 1982....(el stinko)

Donny

well donny,if you were in 13th place,with cru in 82,i can most likely top that with ohio brass factory,dca,1982:16th place! ohio brass never made the night show...............................and went away......................after four or five years of trying. i think that was around the time we saw bushwackers come on the scene......

well donny,if you were in 13th place,with cru in 82,i can most likely top that with ohio brass factory,dca,1982:16th place! ohio brass never made the night show...............................and went away......................after four or five years of trying. i think that was around the time we saw bushwackers come on the scene......

Hairbear..

Or as the Detroit crew "Motor City Madmen" fondly called them the " Bayonne Wackers" :tongue:

And then there was the '83 prelims where the <ouch> less than medeocre :w00t: "Madadors" rode the tide of the DCA "good old boy club" into the night show driving the final nail into the coffin of the OBF. BTW OBF was clearly the better corps in ALL captions (view the vids for proof).. too bad a few judges were in the bag for the old DCA finalist .

Sure glad to see that DCA has a much more legit judging community these days than what existed during my OBF days. Kudos to the DCA mgmt. for addressing and correcting the judging bias problems.

If that's a worst show, then you have nothing to complain about.

Well, technically speaking, Crunchy Frog 2004 is the worst show in the history of drum corps. But the experience of 1985 Crossmen subtracts about 900 points from the actual score we got at Finals. :w00t:

Well, technically speaking, Crunchy Frog 2004 is the worst show in the history of drum corps. But the experience of 1985 Crossmen subtracts about 900 points from the actual score we got at Finals. :w00t:

Sometimes worst is best.

:w00t::tongue::cool:

Hey All,

I didn't think there was anyone from the Westmorland Esquires who posted on DCP.....I guess I forgot about the other Steel City John....Did you have fun playing that show for all the people @DCA in 1979.?.?.?

I love "yunz" guys from the south....Enjoy the music....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G