Crown Preview

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to some friends at crown, this was actually the MARCH camp, NOT april. Since the april camp is this weekend, maybe we can see some new stuff after this camp that will be even better.

Keep up the good work Crown!!!!! Me likey.

Sounds to me like a lot of you are over reacting. Yeah, big bottom sound, there is nothing wrong with that but please, oh please, little skinny trumpet players, can you blend to what the low brass is giving you instead of stagger breathing rather terribly here and there and everywhere? It sounds like there are only 6 of you. Six very little trumpet players. Half Teasing Half Teasing.

When people listen to this they hear a lot of Tubas and they shut their ears off to everything else. Inexperienced ears.

No doubt though that they will be a great brass line this summer, as they always are. I think they may almost be pushing the bottom end too much. Fans just need to relax a bit.

Nice condescending post.

I don't think it was condescending...

I just think they are tyring to be sure people don't jumpt the gun too much here. What was heard was limited, a standstill, and (in their opinion) featured low brass that was too strong. I think he was very clear in the remainder of the post that they have the potential to be the great Crown brass line we have come to know and love, but that people should not take this recording as anything more than what it is.

To an extent, I can at least agree with the sentiment.

I don't think it was condescending...

I just think they are tyring to be sure people don't jumpt the gun too much here. What was heard was limited, a standstill, and (in their opinion) featured low brass that was too strong. I think he was very clear in the remainder of the post that they have the potential to be the great Crown brass line we have come to know and love, but that people should not take this recording as anything more than what it is.

To an extent, I can at least agree with the sentiment.

What does it matter who gets excited about it? Why do they need to be sure as to how other people feel?

Sometimes it is probably better to just not say anything.

Sometimes it is probably better to just not say anything.

You are absolutely right and I should know better.

I didn't have a chance to see this group last year. I look forward to the opportunty this year if it presents itself

You and I both. It is just a March camp recording meant to get us a bit excited about what is to come. Mission accomplished.

Wow Crown, sounds good, no doubt they will be successful this year, such a well run organization, but set apart by its extremely talented and intelligent design staff, way to push the envelope and try new (relativity) things, 1812 is going to be incredible, I just simply can't wait to hear it.

I can't believe that Crown releases a little preview and there are people jumping on it as if this was their Finals recording. This was in March, find me a corps that has perfect stagger breathing and perfect balance and everything in March. Please

So True! and, this is in fact (as you said) the March camp so, to me makes it sound even better. Even the Cadets early stuff in ther camp videos of the sopranos shows they have a ways to go. Yeah so what you said :tongue:

Edited by Perry S

... then it wouldn't be a "tease," now, would it?

:tongue:

You just can't please 'em all.

Edited by Perry S