Jersey Surf Takes a Quantum Step

The Jersey Surf Drum and Bugle Corps of Mount Holly, New Jersey will take the field with the new Quantum marching series from Jupiter, Mapex and Majestic for the 2008 Drum Corps International competitive season. After testing the Quantum models at the Jupiter headquarters and at its southern New Jersey rehearsal facility in January, the Open Class corps has taken delivery of an entire suite of new Quantum instruments which were designed with an ensemble approach creating a unified voicing across the entire musical spectrum.

Visit the website to read more... Click Here

The Jersey Surf Drum and Bugle Corps of Mount Holly, New Jersey will take the field with the new Quantum marching series from Jupiter, Mapex and Majestic for the 2008 Drum Corps International competitive season. After testing the Quantum models at the Jupiter headquarters and at its southern New Jersey rehearsal facility in January, the Open Class corps has taken delivery of an entire suite of new Quantum instruments which were designed with an ensemble approach creating a unified voicing across the entire musical spectrum.

Visit the website to read more... Click Here

before anyone comments, I believe they should read the comments from the World Class forum regarding Academy's move to Quantum. Sorry, I don't know enough to create the clever link things like you young whippersnappers on your intertube surfboard devices.

Considering that two of the top Open Class corps are switching to Quantum, could that be an indication of something good in the making?

Two of the top Division II corps plus one hell of an up and coming Div. I.

I'd say something interesting is going on.

Scooter Pirtle of The MelloCast recently was able to test out a Quantum mellophone. You can download and listen to his review of the horn here. Show notes are also available at the MelloCast website.

Good for them! I can't wait to hear how these new instruments sound sompared to Yamaha, Dynasty, Pearl, King etc

you forgot to mention KANSTUL (even though no one plays them anymore I guess)

Considering that two of the top Open Class corps are switching to Quantum, could that be an indication of something good in the making?

um..can you say "free horns"?