Fever Inactive for 08.

that sounds awesome; very well said.

hopefully, we can restructure well enough during this year to come back for next year.

if i am able to do anything this summer that doesn't conflict w/ work, i'd be glad to help out.

Edited by Gbassman5

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds awesome; very well said.

hopefully, we can restructure well enough during this year to come back for next year.

if i am able to do anything this summer that doesn't conflict w/ work, i'd be glad to help out.

THANK YOU!!! AND THERE WILL BE SOMETHINGS YOU COULD HELP WITH !! Let everyone know, the more hands involved the lighter the load !!!

Fever is a great organization, I wish them well, and hopefully they come back stronger than ever.

Are they hosting a Show this year, or has that been called off also??

No FEVER will not be hosting a show this year. Unfortunatly BOTH contests we held in Modesto last year lost money.

For any explanations of that see one of previous posts, call me , and I'll b glad to go into detail. Meanwhile just know that part of our debt problem

comes from these two shows. Promoted better than ever before with radio and television features . Not just "spots" FEATURES .Many of the audience had never been to a drum corps show before,and we felt we made huge inroads in the community because of that.

Sadly there were not enough. And I have to tell you that the corps who came to Modesto PUT ON ONE DARN NICE SHOW !! TOO BAD so few got to see it.

Also I thought I should take a moment and let ALL know that any tour fees that were collected from members for 2008 will be first and foremost on the "pay" list. Fever will NOT resolve debt issues on the backs of those who wanted to march here this year.

We believe our "contract" with the members is if you pay we will provide. This DOES NOT include the audition fees as those were collected to pay for the facilities where those auditions were held..

AGAIN ANY PAST FEVER MEMBER OR VALLEY FEVER MEMBER WHO WANTS TO TAKE PART IN BRINGING THE CORPS BACK TO THE FIELD CAN

CALL ME (209)-595-3955 meeting on May 10th

No FEVER will not be hosting a show this year. Unfortunatly BOTH contests we held in Modesto last year lost money.

For any explanations of that see one of previous posts, call me , and I'll b glad to go into detail. Meanwhile just know that part of our debt problem

comes from these two shows. Promoted better than ever before with radio and television features . Not just "spots" FEATURES .Many of the audience had never been to a drum corps show before,and we felt we made huge inroads in the community because of that.

Sadly there were not enough. And I have to tell you that the corps who came to Modesto PUT ON ONE DARN NICE SHOW !! TOO BAD so few got to see it.

Also I thought I should take a moment and let ALL know that any tour fees that were collected from members for 2008 will be first and foremost on the "pay" list. Fever will NOT resolve debt issues on the backs of those who wanted to march here this year.

We believe our "contract" with the members is if you pay we will provide. This DOES NOT include the audition fees as those were collected to pay for the facilities where those auditions were held..

AGAIN ANY PAST FEVER MEMBER OR VALLEY FEVER MEMBER WHO WANTS TO TAKE PART IN BRINGING THE CORPS BACK TO THE FIELD CAN

CALL ME (209)-595-3955 meeting on May 10th

Never having the pleasure of meeting you or your board membership, I must say "Way to Go" in making the go forward decision to prepare more securely for the future of Fever. It is always difficult to make these types of decisions for obvious reasons, but I applaud your organizations focus. Believe me there are many organizations out there that are frighten to pull the trigger on the present situation with their corps, because they believe if they stop the bleeding now and build for the future, they will never make it out on the field again, so they continue to suffer in the silence of the night with extreme debts....which I find incredibly stupid (for the lack of a better word)

Way to Go! and continued success with your strategic plans to solidify Fever.

While I'm saddened to hear the news about Fever, I sincerely hope that their members don't just sit out this year. There are many fine corps in California that could benefit from the amount of talent that was in Fever's membership, and those kids should also still be able to experience a summer in drum corps.

While I'm saddened to hear the news about Fever, I sincerely hope that their members don't just sit out this year. There are many fine corps in California that could benefit from the amount of talent that was in Fever's membership, and those kids should also still be able to experience a summer in drum corps.

MY PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION IS THAT IF THEY WANT TO MARCH THEY SHOULD. THERE ARE SO MANY FINE ORGANIZATIONS AROUND SOME OPEN CLASS SOME " THAT OTHER GROUP" (just kidding.. everyone breathe) Seriously As an organization it is difficult enough to make this decision. I would hope that first ,the members understand, and second that IF THEY WANT TO MARCH THEY SHOULD PICK A CORPS THAT WILL SEEM TO BE A FIT and GO HAVE THE BEST SUMMER THEY CAN. If you "find a new home ,then God bless ,you will always be our brothers and sisters. If you come back to the "new" corps plan on a whole new and better experience. best of luck to all this summer and do well !

SECOND ,I've received many phone calls from other corps wishing us well and a" speedy recovery" THANK YOU , it was a difficult decision but it had to be done sometime AND THERE REALLY DOESN'T EVER SEEM TO BE A GOOD TIME ,we just had to see you soon all now go play

If you read John "Mr. Fabulous" Cross' sig line, you'll see he marched VK from 1980 to 1982. Those are the years that were critical to VK becoming the corps they were for the 80's.

1980 was an inactive year for VK, too. After years of building, sliding and building again, push came to shove and it was decided that the corps would go inactive for a year. Now, inactive doesn't mean no rehearsals and no performances. We did rehearse every week and did as many parades or other paid gigs that we could to help build the nucleus of the corps for future seasons. The members grew as a team as did the staff.

One big difference vs the Fever situation is one that Mark pointed out in his first post. While Fever has been run on a shoestring, VK already had a solid fundraiser in place. That was a major factor in moving forward and rejoining the competition tour in 1981.

Best wishes to Fever in their reorganization and return to the competitive arena. Do it on your terms and only when you're ready. We'll be ready to welcome you back.

Garry in Vegas

PS I remember talking to a few Fever members after their final run-through at a rehearsal in West Covina, CA. I told them then that they were one of the best first-year corps I'd ever seen. Can't wait to see their return!