Dennis Hagner

It is with deep sadness that I must tell you that Dennis Hagner has passed away. Dennis was a snare drummer for the Spectacle City Mariners and the Cavaliers in the early 60's. He was then a member of President John F. Kennedy's Honor Guard in 1963 and President Lyndon B. Johnson's in 1964. He was a drum instructor for numerous corps in the SE Wisconsin area, and later became a judge for VFW and then DCI competitions. Dennis ran the famous Spectacle of Music show in South Milwaukee for many years. The Kilties senior corps did a standstill for the very first time in front of drum corps fans at the Spectacle of Music show thanks to an invitation from Dennis. From the mid 90s until 1999, Dennis was the President of the Kilties Board of Directors. He was a tireless, innovative and dedicated asset to the Kilties throughout his association with us. Dennis also enjoyed auto racing, and ran the Milwaukee MotorSports Show at the old Mecca in downtown Milwaukee for many years. For the last 10 years Dennis' health has been deteriorating. He had undergone multiple by-pass surgery and for the last 3 years he was on kidney dialasis. He will be greatly missed by all of us that were lucky enough to know him.

Visitation will be Wednesday, April 30, at CHURCH AND CHAPEL FUNERAL HOME 7626 W. Greenfield Ave., from 5-7PM. Funeral Service 7PM.

Please keep Dennis, his wife Jeanne and his family in your prayers.

WWBD

Edited by J.C.

JC-

you mentioned a street address, but what town or city is this being held in?

Edited by stoods59

He sounds like a guy I would really have liked to hang with.

RIP

Sad news, indeed.

I am proud to have known Dennis and to work with him during my DCI days. He was a class act. He had all the people skills we look for in others. Always nice to be in his company.

R.I.P., my friend.

RIP, Auld Friend.

+ + +

A True Gentleman

R.I.P. Dennis

My condolences go out to Jeanne and Family.

WWBD

Aldo

RIP my friend...

what a shame... I too got to work with Dennis on several occasions. It did amuse me that he often talked about his car show when all I ever wanted to talk about was drum corps... but Dennis was a great drum corps guy.

He will be missed... RIP my friend

It is with deep sadness that I must tell you that Dennis Hagner has passed away. Dennis was a snare drummer for the Spectacle City Mariners and the Cavaliers in the early 60's. He was then a member of President John F. Kennedy's Honor Guard in 1963 and President Lyndon B. Johnson's in 1964. He was a drum instructor for numerous corps in the SE Wisconsin area, and later became a judge for VFW and then DCI competitions. Dennis ran the famous Spectacle of Music show in South Milwaukee for many years. The Kilties senior corps did a standstill for the very first time in front of drum corps fans at the Spectacle of Music show thanks to an invitation from Dennis. From the mid 90s until 1999, Dennis was the President of the Kilties Board of Directors. He was a tireless, innovative and dedicated asset to the Kilties throughout his association with us. Dennis also enjoyed auto racing, and ran the Milwaukee MotorSports Show at the old Mecca in downtown Milwaukee for many years. For the last 10 years Dennis' health has been deteriorating. He had undergone multiple by-pass surgery and for the last 3 years he was on kidney dialasis. He will be greatly missed by all of us that were lucky enough to know him.

Visitation will be Wednesday, April 30, at CHURCH AND CHAPEL FUNERAL HOME 7626 W. Greenfield Ave., from 5-7PM. Funeral Service 7PM.

Please keep Dennis, his wife Jeanne and his family in your prayers.

WWBD

Dennis was certainly a student of the activity!

I had the pleasure in working with him as an adjudicator in the Midwest. He was always available to help with any questions and just pleasant to be around !

Dik Buelow