Finals Tickets: $125/ea.

It just seems that there is a bigger block of those pricey tickets this year and they are not allowing the customer who wishes to pay a lower price the opportunity to view the corps from a better vantage point. Trust me, I don't expect to sit on the 50 yard line for a lower price, but would like a little better view than from the 20 yard line or close to the end zone. I may not be in the position to afford those pricey seats this year, but guaranteed I will pay premium price next year when my son ages out. And yes, Ryan, it is the best show of the year, and I have met some of the nicest people out of the "zone" as you call it and still had a great time. Just venting, I suppose.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These prices are ridiculous. I don't remember finals tickets being this pricey last year. I guess I will cut out semifinals and just go to quarters and finals. I am already cutting my usual trip short by 3 days because of the cost of everything. They certainly aren't making it affordable for everyone considering we have to drive in from Indy because I had already made my reservations in Indy.

You do know that they are offering transportation from Indy to Bloomington at no charge, right? You can't blame DCI on the 'costs of everything'.

I'm sorry, I had missed that. Went back and reread it. I might utilize it for quarters, but not finals as I would have to pick up my son and all of this "stuff" after finals anyway. And I wasn't blaming DCI on the "costs of everything". I feel that there is a bigger block of seats at the premium price this year than in the past. But I will still pay the $75 price for the next level, tho.

I just bought my tickets for $75 each. $125 was a bit pricey for me, I agree, but those are the best seats in the house. There are people who are willing to pay that amount though, and good for them, they should get the best seats. Just like sitting courtside at an NBA game, you're going to have to pay more for it. You wouldn't expect to sit in the best seats in the house for the price of nosebleed seats in the rafters.

Or you could just go to quarters, sit on the 50 and watch 20 corps for 55 bucks.

That's what we do for WGI. Pay to watch World Class prelims for about $25 each and skip world Class finals, which are $50 each. Plus we still get to see all the great guards and some shows that we might like but would not have seen if we only went to finals. During Finals we go out to eat and then sleep after watching 30+ hours of guard in 2 days.

How much are the qtrs at the theater?

If I remember correctly, I think they were something like 20$ last year? I might be wrong.