Finals Tickets: $125/ea.

Yep, that was the cost at Gillette in 05 as well. Although those were box-level seats, with backs and access to the air-conditioned club level (with food, bars and bathrooms... perfect for the lightning delay that night.)

Man Oh Man..Knock on wood. Having club seating at Foxboro was well worth it..and definitely came in handy during the Lightning delay and steps away from food and drink.

Edited by Zeke

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that's alot of money...but yesterday when I tried to get tickets for just finals...I had to go with the $125 seats. My wife has trouble walking and I needed seats near an entrance and on the end of an aisle. I was on the phone with ticketmaster for almost 45 minutes...not finding anything in the $75 range...before I broke down and told him to check the $125 sections...found seats right away exactly to my specs...so I bought 'em....my tickets are costing me more than my hotel room...

Edited by G-Rott

Hey, as mentioned before...go to Open class...or World class quarter finals....and catch the lots before the other shows. Talk about educational for the family as well!

mom, I agree, and I kicked off a long and nasty thread about this last fall. The prices have stayed the same, but what they're doing (because they can do it and still sell the tickets) is expanding the area out from the 50 covered by the most expensive seats. But OTOH, DCI doesn't set the demand. It would be stupid for them to price tickets well below what they're worth to other buyers, because if they do that, they leave money on the table (which the corps will desperately need this year, with record high gas prices), or they put money in the pockets of scalpers. You still wouldn't be sitting in great seats at a low price. Those tickets would already be gone, anyway, and Sammy Scalper would be waving a handful of 40 yardline seats he was selling for $200 a pop while you were walking in to your $15 20 yard line seat, if DCI priced the tickets too low. And then the corps don't get the money.

There is a cheap, easy, proven way to see all the best corps in person between the 35s at the approximate height level you want, championship week. Buy the cheapest quarterfinals tickets you can find on eBay. You can find them below DCI's price, because many of the people who buy the package don't show up for Thursday, and some will sell them for what they can get. But you don't even have to get tickets between the 35s. They can be anywhere in the stadium. There are so many empty seats between the 35s on Thursday, that you can pretty much sit where you want and generally, other people with tickets for seats other than the ones you're in don't care. If somebody shows up late with tickets for the seats you're in, you can almost always just move over a bit and be reseated. This will NOT work Saturday night, unless you are exceptionally lucky. I see people try this, and they end up having to leave the seats when the ticketholders show up very late just as Phantom or whomever is coming on at finals, and miss the show they wanted to see because there are no other vacant seats anywhere near midfield. But on Thursday, it's a golden, proven strategy. Great drum corps, where you want to sit, cheap.

Edited by Peel Paint

This is my personal opinion: I'm guessing it's an almost impossible tightrope to walk regarding public opinion. If the best seats in the house were substantially less, they would be snapped up immediately and then we'd have a thread about how those who would have paid much more for the seats they want didn't get a chance to do so.

One thing no one has brought up is that the ticket prices directly support the corps.

And the suggestion about taking the family to Open Class shows is a great one. I hope as many as possible check out Open Class Quarterfinals in Michigan City. It's a great stadium for the event, it's close to the stunning Indiana Dunes State Park and if anyone needs suggestions about what to do there, I live in the town just outside the park, about ten miles from Michigan City.

This is my personal opinion: I'm guessing it's an almost impossible tightrope to walk regarding public opinion. If the best seats in the house were substantially less, they would be snapped up immediately and then we'd have a thread about how those who would have paid much more for the seats they want didn't get a chance to do so.

One thing no one has brought up is that the ticket prices directly support the corps.

And the suggestion about taking the family to Open Class shows is a great one. I hope as many as possible check out Open Class Quarterfinals in Michigan City. It's a great stadium for the event, it's close to the stunning Indiana Dunes State Park and if anyone needs suggestions about what to do there, I live in the town just outside the park, about ten miles from Michigan City.

I agree - Ames Field is the best small stadium I have ever been in - it is almost as if it were designed for drum corps. I just wish it wasn't 4-5 hours from where finals are.

I just wish [Ames Field] wasn't 4-5 hours from where finals are.

I was thinking, that can't be right, it's gotta be less than that, but I looked it up on maps.yahoo.com, and it is right. They quote 3:54 city-to-city, and that doesn't take into account summer resort and road construction delays, which could easily add an hour. Boy, that didn't work out too well, in terms of planning, did it?

Edited by Peel Paint

There are so many empty seats between the 35s on Thursday, that you can pretty much sit where you want and generally, other people with tickets for seats other than the ones you're in don't care. If somebody shows up late with tickets for the seats you're in, you can almost always just move over a bit and be reseated. This will NOT work Saturday night, unless you are exceptionally lucky. I see people try this, and they end up having to leave the seats when the ticketholders show up very late just as Phantom or whomever is coming on at finals, and miss the show they wanted to see because there are no other vacant seats anywhere near midfield. But on Thursday, it's a golden, proven strategy. Great drum corps, where you want to sit, cheap.

WGI has general seating for all preliminary competitions. For finals, they have "zoned" seating, but as you said, many people don't show up for "A" and "Open" class finals. We've had tickets off to the side and found great seats near the center of the floor--sometimes entire rows!-- so we sit there until someone says "um, that's my seat" Then a quick apology and move over a few seats or up or down a couple of rows-- no big deal!

if anyone needs suggestions about what to do there, I live in the town just outside the park, about ten miles from Michigan City.

Is that a beer & BBQ invitation? :smile: