How many percussion titles for BD?

Just checked FromThePressbox, and Spirit of Atlanta did indeed win guard in 85 (at least, maybe more?) so the answer is yes, there is at least one other corps that has won a caption award that has never won DCI outright (along w/ Bayonne)

I do believe they won guard in 87 also.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious as to what year color guard become a caption in and of itself?

My last full year in the activity was 1984 and it was not yet a caption by then.

As long as I was in corps the guard was always "scored" but I don't think it was actually added in to the overall until somewhere around 2000.

So just wondering, are Bridgemen the only corps to win a caption and not win a championship?

Spirit of Atlanta tied for high percussion in 1980. I read somewhere (but can't recall where) that it was an on-the-spot decision to use GE percussion as a tiebreaker, giving the trophy to the Bridgemen.

Edited by SkyDog

Spirit of Atlanta tied for high percussion in 1980. I've read that it was an on-the-spot decision to use GE percussion as a tiebreaker, giving the trophy to the Bridgemen.
Wow, that's twice that Tom Float was screwed. First with Oakland and then Spirit. Karma sured made up for it with BD's four-peat.

As long as I was in corps the guard was always "scored" but I don't think it was actually added in to the overall until somewhere around 2000.

When I was in Corps I was always trying to score with the guard!! :tongue: