Here it is - Madison's 2008 Program!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikipedia is a wonderful thing.

(I'm a college professor. I took calculus. And I strongly discourage the use of Wikipedia and other such online reference sites.)

Perhaps you should visit the site sometime. It's very useful. Why do you discourage its use? It contains an exorbitant amount of factually correct information for almost any subject conceivable. Of course, it should never be used as a citation in any sort of paper or publication, but to even slightly discourage its use is patently ridiculous.

Hey, I can actually relate my response to Hrothgar to drum corps. Wikipedia is open source. She who shall not be named once went into Wikipedia and made some interesting "additions" to the defintions of DCI, evidently. I know that most people try to make sure their additions and subtractions from Wikipedia as accurate as possible, and I know that the hired staff try to keep the quality high, but it's not a good source for any type of academic information, and it's patently absurd to say otherwise. It would be irresponsible of scholars to do anything but convey trepidation about using it as a source for anything other than entertainment.

Hey, I can actually relate my response to Hrothgar to drum corps. Wikipedia is open source. She who shall not be named once went into Wikipedia and made some interesting "additions" to the defintions of DCI, evidently. I know that most people try to make sure their additions and subtractions from Wikipedia as accurate as possible, and I know that the hired staff try to keep the quality high, but it's not a good source for any type of academic information, and it's patently absurd to say otherwise. It would be irresponsible of scholars to do anything but convey trepidation about using it as a source for anything other than entertainment.

I am aware of the Catherine edits. I read the entire discussion back and forth between her and others on the Discussion page. If I recall correctly, those edits were removed shortly after they were made, and with articles that actually pertain to something that isn't a niche activity with not a very big following, the correction time is most likely even shorter. But honestly, I don't understand why Catherine gets such a bad rap. She was exercising her right to share her opinion, and she actually made some very good points.

That post explains a lot. She who must not be named makes good points, and wikipedia is a good source of information. :tongue:

Anyhoo, go Madison!

~sorry for making more off topic stuff.

Is there any more news on what's going on with Madison's music program?

Well, since the Scouts aren't likely to use narration, singing, or pink tables you probably won't be excited. :tongue:

GO SCOUTS!

Ouch!! I bet that hurt! lol

Seriously Mike B seems in a rush to criticize Madison already! All based on camp recordings.

I'm a little terrified of that guard costume + iguana concept.

Lounge lizards?

The irony is that the guard has already worn costumes that would be a perfect conceptual fit of this program....and they were roundly hated.

A pillow fight?...gee, let's not add any more fuel to the fire!

You know, besides the same people always opining anti Madison sentiments, there is one other thing you will almost certainly see in every Scouts thread. Despite the fact that in virtually every discussion on DCP anything less than full embracement of homosexuality is condemned very rapidly, people will always go into Madison threads and make snide remarks about gays in Scouts, as though they should be ashamed of it and them.

So I would ask all you people to at least be consistent. There are gays in Scouts just as there are gays in all corps. So friggin what? It doesnt have to be everyones cup of tea, but at least be respectful.

Which year?